Used 1991 Ford Ranger XLT Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Good truck
By rangerman

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I was very fortunate to get this truck from my friend that was the original owner. It was garage kept and drove only in the city. The XLT package is nice and mine has two-tone paint (light blue top/ light gray bottom).

The exterior is very nice (no fading) it has a clear coat finish which saved the paint. People try to buy my truck all the time.

Needs 2 cup holders. I bought a console from a 1994 Explorer and replaced the single cup holder. It would be nice if the truck got better gas mileage. I only get 15 mpg with the 4.0 liter V6

263,000 miles, Wow
By NE Oklahoma

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is a one owner vehicle. It has 263,000 miles on the original and untouched motor, which was built in Ohio, USA. It still starts easily and goes smoothly at 75 mph. The manual transmission has been difficult to shift at times since 60,000. But, it is still the original transmisssion, having been worked on twice. I just keep changing the oil. Nothing fancy, not synthetic.

Amazingly reliable.The striped beige seats are nice. I prefer the beige interior of this truck to the black that is common today. The original paint is still shiny, and this thing has sat out in the sun in OK and NM. I wax it, but still...

Easier to shift manual transmission. After 263,000 miles with few problems, I can't think of improvements.

Great pickup!
By Brad Potter

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this Ranger used with 70,000 miles on it. It was a commuter vehicle and also used to haul firewood, gardening supplies, etc. It's been a super vehicle.

Very quiet ride. You can hear very little road noise. Also very comfortable seating.

True Blue The Roaming Ranger
By cakinsey

1991 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has deleverd pizzas, pulled
crew-cab longe bed duellies out of sand
and moved me around the great state of
texas for more that three years. Just
now rolling over 166,000 miles I am
starting to have trouble with the
second clutch. I must say that this
little truck is one of the best
investments I have ever made. I have
collided head on with a wood post metal
rail guardrail at 45 mph and just broke
the supports to the guardrail. I have
taken the motor over 5500 rpm countless
times while spanking small import cars
with flashy bodywork. Only small
repairs, such as a waterpump at
145,000, and the normal tune up and
brake jobs needed.

Bullit Pruff motor. Strong Frame. Can tow a 19' ski boat and get it out of the water on very steep launch ramps

Interior build quality on the door handles and door latches. Mine have both fallen off/ripped off from normal use. Door latches are getting hard to open on driverside, while the passenger side broke around 110,000 miles with much less use on it???????