1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
love it!
By titor on 09/22/11 02:47 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my little truck!!! 1990 ford Ranger Xlt 2wd. 5 speed. This truck i have fallen in love with. has been well taken care of, i bought the truck 2 years ago. truck now has 200,000+miles and is still strong! i really love the style and everything about it. Great Gas Saver! (2.3L) Power Steering, rear anti-lock brakes, and my favorite...Sunroof!!! really like it and i will keep this truck forever! never been in accident. Love it! Great! Reliable! Gotten my baby over 90mph! great for a lil 2.3L Strong! Comfortable! Fun To Drive! only needed regular maintenece on it :)

Great little truck
By Josh on 05/15/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have onwned my Ranger for over a year now after purchasing from the original owner who kept detailed records and never had a major problem. I did put a motor in after an oil pump failure at 180K, I believe due to the limited mileage and it was being driven and waiting 5K miles between oil changes. I also replaced the original clutch at this time. Still gets at least 22 mpg with mosty city driving, but I could improve on that easily. Lacks power (2.3) but will haul small loads and is a joy to drive.

Worst Truck Ever
By FORD on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Worst truck ever. Two trannys within 1 year. I will never buy a Ford again. FOund On Road Dead!!!!!!!!!

Ford Ranger
By pjdellarco on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had zero problems with this Ranger. It is at 120,000 miles and still running strong. Body is in great shape, very minor surface rust in normal locations - and paint looks very good. Vehicle has never been garaged and is in the Northeast.

1990 Ford Ranger
By geckogirl on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck four years ago, and I have been very satisfied with its reliability and performance. In four years, the only major repair was to replace the clutch at 130,000 miles. The transmission is still in good shape, and it gets 21 mpg on the highway. The 2.8L V6 is more than enough for this truck, and makes it easy to take off the pavement, a must in rural Ohio.

Great Truck
By jimats on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck. I would recomend it to anyone. My truck only has 92,000 miles and it runs great.