Used 1990 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Ranger

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

26 years and still going strong!
By Michael

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my Ranger brand new when I was 18. It's the only vehicle I've ever owned. Now, I'm 44 and it still runs great. My inspections only cost $7, because vehicles over 25 years old only have to have the safety inspection done--no emissions test.

This truck has stood the test of time. I've had two offers on it, even though I'm not selling it.

1990 Ford Ranger XLT
By Jon

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck from my father in 2006 as he purchased it new. 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab, 4.0 Liter VORTEC Engine, Automatic. It rides very good, it is comfortable, gas milage is great as it gets about 25 MPG HWY and 19 MPG in City.

Best Pick up for the money
By Keith Mitchell

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Not incredibly useful when used to haul 4x8 sheets. You need to build a special carrier (2x4s work) to haul panels. Plenty of power. Good for the average truck user.

Rangers...they run, no matter how ugly it gets.
By stevec81

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this Ranger as an used vehicle in 2003; since then I've put just under 100,000 miles on it. It's a XLT regular cab with a long bed and the 4.0 V6/automatic.
While not necessarily in the market for a truck, I needed a vehicle to drive, and it was the right price.

For the most part, it is true that these things last forever and that these things are hard to kill.
However, unless they are taken care of better than perfectly, they have a tendency to attract dents and rust like a magnet.

Even though this was an XLT, the interior fabric and carpet is very hard-wearing (it helps that mine had dark-tinted windows). Fairly good visibility. Comfortable seats (this one had the split-folding cloth bench seat)

For those who want trucks, make them again! Better rust protection (rust protection to begin with?) Single-piece opening rear window (not the split in the rearview mirror) Cupholders (there are none)

love it!
By titor

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my little truck!!!
1990 ford Ranger Xlt 2wd. 5 speed. This truck i have fallen in love with. has been well taken care of, i bought the truck 2 years ago. truck now has 200,000+miles and is still strong! i really love the style and everything about it. Great Gas Saver! (2.3L)
Power Steering, rear anti-lock brakes, and my favorite...Sunroof!!! really like it and i will keep this truck forever! never been in accident. Love it! Great! Reliable! Gotten my baby over 90mph! great for a lil 2.3L
Strong! Comfortable! Fun To Drive! only needed regular maintenece on it :)

My favorite feature is the Sunroof/moonroof it really gives my truck a nice aspect and looks great when opened. Has A/c, power steering, Anti Lock.

Ford Made a good job on this model love it! but paint. is chipping of :( thats the only thing i dont like about it...