1997 Ford Probe Consumer Review: Probe Files 97

1997 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Review

Probe Files 97
By Francis Eleazar on

1997 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

My Ford Probe has been very dependable for the past 5 years that I've been driving it. It is the first car that I ever bought for myself. The car has a unique look to it and still looks fairly attractive considering that the last probe manufactured was 6 years ago. The transmission is not that great and has a hard time going on steep hillside roads. The acceleration is average but the handling is above average. The rear compartment is quite spacious. The car is perfect if there are no little kids in the family for the back seat is really not that spacious. Overall it is a good car.

My favorite features of the car is its easy to maneuver steering wheel, exterior design, the simplicity of the engine layout, Rear defroster and windshield (for the winter and rainy seasons), wide base, great airconditioning and inward windows which allows a good amount of light.

The improvement that I want to see with the car is better power on the drive train, a better device for the rear hatchback opening because mine refuses to stay up. Harder Exterior Chasis.