My 2nd Probe!
By Keek on
1997 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback
I'm on my second Probe, and both have been relatively good to me. Maybe not an A+, but definately an A. (1990 Probe, 1997 Probe, both standard transmission) I have really enjoyed driving both of these cars. I was in a nasty accident earlier this week (hit by a BIG Jeep Cherokee) and I am amazed at how well my Probe held up! I was hit on the drivers side, and in a lesser car I am quite sure my legs would have been broken at the very least. Unfortunately, my Probe has too much damage not to be totalled, (Sob!) but I can honestly say that I would get another Probe. (Isn't three the magic number?)
Favorite Features
I love the hatch back. You would be amazed at what I can fit into the back of this little car. I don't think I could go back to a standard trunk. Love the gas milage as well, and when I pull out into traffic I don't ever have to worry about not having enough power to GO!
Suggested Improvements
Would like to see this vehicle a bit more air-tight. Air whistles through the window cracks (both my '97 Probe and my '90 Probe) and I had a couple of inches of standing water in the spare tire well of my '90 Probe from leaks.