1997 Ford Probe 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1997 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

1997 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
My first brand new car
By jdarwen on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

After nearly 6 years of ownership, I still get goosebumps from the choir - like tones one hears from the engine bay all the way to the 7500 RPM redline. Power is very good when needed, yet the car is very mildly tempered when you're just taking it easy. This car is just a blast to drive hard or be the daily commuter. I don't imagine I'll ever sell this car.

1 Fun car!
By Mopardoc on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I love my Probe. I have a GTS black w/white racing stripes. Very zippy V6 with great exceleration. Gets great gas mileage about 25 mpg. Havent had any major problems with car. Tires are a little pricey. Corners & handles great, very stable with tight turns. A little cramped on interior, fits 2 people comfortably. A little noisy inside, picks up road vibrations.

'97 Probe GTS
By Chesire_Cat on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this vehicle from Skalnek Ford, they fought me on the price (it was advertised wrong in the paper) it has some problems with it. but nothing major, overall this car is a blast to drive. Gets looks from everyone (I bought the GTS edition, silver with black racing stripes.)I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a great performing car but without the low gas mileage of the mustangs and whatnot.