1996 Ford Probe Consumer Review: Decent car if you got money to

1996 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Review

Decent car if you got money to fix it
By myname2617 on

1996 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my SE 2 years ago and it has been burning oil ever since. Fortunately by adding about a quart a week I've been able to keep it running. It is very very fun to drive. I work at a Nissan dealer so I've gotten to drive a 350Z, and I think my Probe handles better. It does have an upgraded suspension and has been lowered by 2 inches, so that helps. I have also always put high performance all season tires on it. I'm not given enough letters to explain all the things I've had to, or that I need to do. I think it'll be cheaper to get a V6 and transmission rather than trying to replace everything under the hood that's going bad. Overall it's a great car if you are prepared to fix it all the time.

Handling, appearance (interior and exterior) My interior has been custom painted to match the car. It also has a spoiler that really makes the car look that much sportier. Aftermarket exhaust also helps. It is pretty quick off the line, through 1st and 2nd at least. Fun to drive.