1995 Ford Probe Consumer Review: Great First Car

1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great First Car
By NolesGirl03 on

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My 1995 Ford Probe SE has been a blessing and a curse. I've had the car for nearly 8 years now and put well over 100,000 miles on him. But the problems started after two weeks of ownership. My AC compressor has been shredding belts every other month, I'm on my third transmission and I may be single-handedly responsible for the oil crisis (cause my car leaks oil like it's on a mission). But for a car that has been so unreliable it sure has been reliable - if that makes sense. I know my car will get me from Point A to Point B as long as they aren't too far from each other and I have quarts of oil in tow. Fun car to drive, as well. I love taking turns fast.

I love the exterior design. It was well ahead of it's time. The trunk space is amazing for such a tiny car.

Ford needs to make the ATX a little more reliable. If it wasn't for my transmission problems this car would have been a dream. Also needs more head room in the backseat.