1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Not that bad
By importman6 on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Probe Gt with an auto trans. I had it for 5 months and went through 7 transmissions other then that it was fun to drive. fast and handling is really good. that car is worth the money.

Awesome car
By shoe on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car. Great looking and fun to drive. I wish they hadn't stop making it. The interior could be more durable and it is expensive to fix.

Great if you have $$$
By probegirl on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Sharp looking car but too expensive for basic repairs. Driver seat is extremely comfy but passenger seat is not. Not a good family car. My 95 is still peppy. Just sunk over 1.5K into brakes and exhaust. Key entries had to all be replaced??? Weird things go on this car and they are outrageously expensive. Other than that - GREAT CAR! DEPENDABLE and good on gas.

Perfect car!
By LinuxGeek on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Perfect car . . . . . .

Has been a great car!
By Zvan on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Parts are very expensive if you go to Ford. Buy parts from your local parts store or go to a local repair shop. Automatic transmission is likely to fail around 100,000 miles sometimes more sometimes less. In my 3 yrs of ownership, I have replaced oxygen sensors, 2 CV boots, and 1 brake caliper. Other than that it runs like a swiss clock.

Great Bargain Sports Car
By Erick161 on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Im 17 and I bought this car for myself as a christmas present since my older eclipse turbo was biting the dust. This is truly one of the best bargain sports cars out there. Its got plenty of torque to get it off the line though 50bhp wouldnt hurt. So far, its been reliable (knock on wood). It engine sounds great, but i couldnt resist adding a flowmaster exhaust. overall, GREAT car

Not a kid's car
By AADCPA on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Dead reliable, fun to drive. We've got nearly 150k miles on the V6 so far with regular maintenance. Maintenance is expensive on the GT though, so don't saddle your kid with one if you want them to get through college.

A decent performer, too little resale
By airmon on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

The low resale value on the Probe allowed me to purchase it, but I'll take a hit when I sell. In between, at least I'll have had a good ownership experience. I've now got 125K miles on it, with only two CV boots replaced. I've got a broken antenna to fix, a switch on the passenger door and the A/C started to make noise. Other than that, just maint. costs in 65K miles. Has never failed me. I love the handling and power. The 2.5L Mazda motor really spins and the sounds it makes are great!

fun and inexpensive
By New 2GT on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

The probe GT is a fun true sports car . I do not understand why the wholesale value is so low , but in other ways I am glade because they are affordable true sports car . I've owned two and constantly get attention from the ladies and the police...why did they stop making them? Sure beats me.

Great!
By Lukasz on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great!