1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
A Classic
By 95ProbeBase on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

The Ford Probe, is an excelent car, why did Ford discontinue the model... No sales, why you ask? The Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) never developed a Probe SVT and they were not advertiseing them as much as they should have. It is a great looking, preforming (GT), and Handleing car. If they came out with the Second Generation Probe again, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

good car
By schmidts on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

its a good car coulda been faster and with a turbo but im gonna do that. its a good daily driver but if it is driven hard little things have to be fixed but overall i love the car

1995 Ford Probe
By GeorgeH on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

The 1995 Ford Probe is a very reliable vehicle. Other than the regular maintainence, we've had to invest very little additional money to keep it running well. The only problem with the vehicle is that it seems to wear through tires quicker than most other cars.

My favorite car ever!
By cargirl on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car. I had no mechanical problems with this car.

Still a blast to drive!
By Jersey John on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have now cranked out 107,000 miles on this car and I still love the way it handles. I look for winding roads just to enjoy the way it hugs the road. I finally replaced the brake pads after 85K miles and I'm still on the original clutch and exhaust system. The car has been as reliable as any car I've ever owned - and I'm 54 years old.

Lucky Out on Used Car Purchase
By trenp on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Probe SE used in 1997. It was a 95 with over 50k miles. I figured I'd have it for a few years, but its going on six years and I really love it. I'm about to plunk my first big money into it around $1,000 for trans problems I'm starting to have. But overall I've had no major problems and its been a joy to have. I hope to have it for a long time to come as a second car.

great car
By schmidty on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

overall its a fun and great car. the only thing is that there is no space for four people which is fine with me for now because i have no family and i drive. they need to start making this type of car again.

great car
By Schmidty on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun to Drive, Expensive to Repair
By jdhemm13 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my '95 Ford Probe GT for about a year and a half and it is a great car to drive. I have had one minor accident which was expensive to repair. Another problem, the power window broke six months after I purchased it. Other issues are the regular car things: new tires, brakes, alignment, etc. The V6 24 valve engine and the 5 speed manual provides a fast and fun car to drive. I get pretty good gas mileage, about 21-25 miles to the gallon, good for a V6. From my experience the car does not handle well in snow, even a few inches. I am about to trade it in for an 4x4 SUV to be able to travel in the snow. I would highly recommend this car.

Best and most reliable car I've owned
By DBonta on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

No problems with this car other than you can rev it well past the red line wich destroys the water pump. This car has been reliable and a joy to drive from day one.