Used 1995 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Better slalom time than the 1995 Corvette
By Dean Midlick

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Even though my Probe GT was totaled about a year ago it was by far the funnest car I ever owned. It was a true sports car with better cornering times than the Corvette, comparable quarter mile times to the Mustang GT and when those secondary throttle bodies opened up at about 6000 rpm and the torque steer kicked in talk about exhilerating. I wish Ford would bring it back. Great gas mileage and performance. Perfect styling to compete against the foriegn market and easily affordable. Truly a great timeless car.

Suspension and styling

Bring it back

Probe GT Good Choice
By golden2husky

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

The GT is clearly biased toward handling over absolute comfort. That said, the ride is acceptable. Corner carving potential is awesome for a FWD car. More is easily obtainable by changing the rear sway bar. Steering is precise, brakes have good feel and are effective. Build quality is very good as is reliability. Overall power is down by today's standards, but rolling starts from 20 mph are quick. Mileage is decent, but the gearing keeps too many revs for 30 plus MPG to happen. 27 MPG on the highway is obtainable. Shifter is nice and accurate. Car came with high performance summer tires which are essential to handling.

Handling, styling, economy, reliability. Hatch adds versatility.

Clutch pick up is too low. More low end torque. A/C struggles a bit in heavy traffic.

EXCELLENT CAR
By Cherish

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best car I've ever had! They should make this car still. I will always try to have a Ford Probe. My old car was a 1993 Ford Probe SE with almost 300,000 miles and it was still running when I sold it. These cars are so reliable. I've never been disappointed in this car.

I love how fast they are and how they look. They are so sporty looking. Stick.

They should make this car again. Better fuel economy.

I love this Car
By probeguy

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 95 SE for about two years; got when it had 90,000 miles and have put about 20,000 miles on it. It is quick for a four and handles like the best. I love taking this car on curvy roads. I beat this car and the engine and clutch are still strong. My family has liked it so much my brother got a Probe as well. Its biggest problem is engine electronics. The mass airflow sensor has gone as well as the idle air control valve, and they are expensive to replace.

Exterior looks, front bucket seats, handling, suspension, wide tires, huge hatchback area (I can completely lay down in the back with the seats folded).

Improve air intake system, more room for back passengers.

Sleeper Sports Car
By runninwiththedevil

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Gorgeous curves, power to spare, reliable as an anvil, the 5 speed Probe GT has been a sheer delight to own and drive. 135,000 trouble free miles thus far. A true enthusiasts car, will be sad to let this one go for family considerations.

Super grippy, taut suspension, wonderful V6 lives to rev, sexy lines.

Big tires and firm suspension pieces transmit considerable road noise, but hey, it's a sports car. Find a few curves and you'll forget all about the noise.