1995 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Better slalom time than the 1995 Corvette
By Dean Midlick on 06/08/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Even though my Probe GT was totaled about a year ago it was by far the funnest car I ever owned. It was a true sports car with better cornering times than the Corvette, comparable quarter mile times to the Mustang GT and when those secondary throttle bodies opened up at about 6000 rpm and the torque steer kicked in talk about exhilerating. I wish Ford would bring it back. Great gas mileage and performance. Perfect styling to compete against the foriegn market and easily affordable. Truly a great timeless car.

Probe GT Good Choice
By golden2husky on 03/09/08 07:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The GT is clearly biased toward handling over absolute comfort. That said, the ride is acceptable. Corner carving potential is awesome for a FWD car. More is easily obtainable by changing the rear sway bar. Steering is precise, brakes have good feel and are effective. Build quality is very good as is reliability. Overall power is down by today's standards, but rolling starts from 20 mph are quick. Mileage is decent, but the gearing keeps too many revs for 30 plus MPG to happen. 27 MPG on the highway is obtainable. Shifter is nice and accurate. Car came with high performance summer tires which are essential to handling.

EXCELLENT CAR
By Cherish on 11/17/06 22:34 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best car I've ever had! They should make this car still. I will always try to have a Ford Probe. My old car was a 1993 Ford Probe SE with almost 300,000 miles and it was still running when I sold it. These cars are so reliable. I've never been disappointed in this car.

I love this Car
By probeguy on 05/21/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 95 SE for about two years; got when it had 90,000 miles and have put about 20,000 miles on it. It is quick for a four and handles like the best. I love taking this car on curvy roads. I beat this car and the engine and clutch are still strong. My family has liked it so much my brother got a Probe as well. Its biggest problem is engine electronics. The mass airflow sensor has gone as well as the idle air control valve, and they are expensive to replace.

Sleeper Sports Car
By runninwiththedevil on 01/30/06 22:17 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Gorgeous curves, power to spare, reliable as an anvil, the 5 speed Probe GT has been a sheer delight to own and drive. 135,000 trouble free miles thus far. A true enthusiasts car, will be sad to let this one go for family considerations.

Owned Two Probes
By Kayster on 07/06/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I first owned a 1994 Probe and never had a problem with it but now have the 1995 SE and had nothing but one problem after another. Especially with the o/d light coming on and flashing on and off. This made the transmission completely go and just had to fork out $1700 to replace it. A great car to drive but sorry transmissions.

JC's '95 Probe
By J Coyne on 01/06/05 13:32 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in '97 with 28,000 miles and it's been a really solid vehicle. I had no major repairs to make until 170,000 miles, when the automatic transmission went out. At around $2000 to repair, this is the last of my Probe. But it's been the most reliable car I have ever owned.

Love my Probe
By Miss GT on 11/28/04 15:27 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

My Probe has been reliable since day one. It is fun to drive and has many great features including a double cup holder.

Awesome
By Nail on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is an awesome car

95 Probe SE
By MandyJT on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My experience with my Ford Probe has been wonderful. It gets great gas mileage, is very reliable and safe.