Used 1995 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Fordza
By ford guy

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car handles far better than most sports cars,and she loves to run. For those of you who don't know this is a Ford design with the Mazda mx6 engine. For those who want a sports car on a budget, this is it. The GT is the funnest car I've ever owned.

The pure desire to scream

Cup holder

Crazy Transmission
By Keim Time

1995 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I had this 1995 Ford Probe GT for a month or 2 and so far so good. The manual transmission can be a little jerky and not get into gear sometimes when you start off ecspecialy when its really cold. It could be intake or compression but overall it handles awesome for 116,000 miles. I can get 63 mph in 2nd at about 7,500 rpm so after that its not so fast.

The car itself looks sweet on the outside and the popup lights still make me laugh. I'm gonna put on a cold air intake which you can get for cheap about 40 to 50 dollars

New intake maybe cold air or a k&n or something. Maybe new injectors or timing belts or something.

Great First Car
By NolesGirl03

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My 1995 Ford Probe SE has been a blessing and a curse. I've had the car for nearly 8 years now and put well over 100,000 miles on him. But the problems started after two weeks of ownership. My AC compressor has been shredding belts every other month, I'm on my third transmission and I may be single-handedly responsible for the oil crisis (cause my car leaks oil like it's on a mission). But for a car that has been so unreliable it sure has been reliable - if that makes sense. I know my car will get me from Point A to Point B as long as they aren't too far from each other and I have quarts of oil in tow. Fun car to drive, as well. I love taking turns fast.

I love the exterior design. It was well ahead of it's time. The trunk space is amazing for such a tiny car.

Ford needs to make the ATX a little more reliable. If it wasn't for my transmission problems this car would have been a dream. Also needs more head room in the backseat.

Don't buy this car
By breavo

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Looks are decieving! This car is horrible. I bought one and things just kept happening. One thing after another. The clutches are bad, the transmission is bad, the parts are more expensive than any other car, are not comfortable, not all that powerful, though it is fun to drive for the few miles it goes. I beg you not to even consider this car. Go with something reliable like an expensive remote control car. You would most likely have more luck with that! I regret buying this thing. I am only 17 years old and spent all my money on this car. Now I'm stuck with nothing and I don't want people to suffer the same problem. Please don't buy this mistake!

Mistake
By steves238stang

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

All in all it's a fun call to drive, however I don't Mazda/Ford ever built these cars to really last very long, they seem like a pretty good college kids but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the simple fact that they don't make it anymore and parts are pretty hard to find parts for it.

None

Don't make it anymore who cares