1995 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
No reading on odometer
By pastor129 on 03/10/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

bought new and was on the expressway and my son asked how fast we were going, keep in mind we just left the dealership, and I looked down and the odometer was not working. The fact is nothing on the dash was working at all.

A small, sporty car with a higher purpose
By moderntorque on 11/28/12 23:48 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The 2nd Generation Ford Probe GT CAN BE a very fun car. Let's remember they are all in various states of repair, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. It pays to spend a little more for your 17 year old car. The Probe has a GT a revvy, V6's with the ability to push as hard into a corner as you would like. It isn't a Vette but 110 miles an hour is no sweat. Like a few other Fords of this generation (namely the SHO of which I have 2) It makes all it's torque over 4,000 rpm. So getting on the freeway is somewhat interesting. Have your mechanic look at this car before you buy it. You WILL NOT REGRET IT! In spite of what teenagers have posted here, there IS A WAY to buy a used car of this age. #ijs

My 95 ford probe GT
By CarpenterChick on 08/10/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my little car. It is still running good. I have to put a little money here and there but over all it's the best I've had. It's very quick, handles wonderfully in rain. It's very fast. I do have to be easy when using the gas pedal, it just gets up and goes... I won't trade it in for anything......

A Great Little Sports Card
By probedriver1995 on 08/07/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've only owned my Probe for about a month now, but I've really enjoyed driving it. Combined with the 5-speed manual transmission, the Probe can get moving pretty quickly. It looks great, even for a 14 year old year. Seats are very comfortable, and the whole interior is well layed out. It gets pretty good gas mileage considering it's a 6 cylinder. The trunk space is pretty generous as well, with a 60/40 split rear-seat. All-in-all, the Probe GT is a great little sports coupe!

Fordza
By ford guy on 02/17/09 14:23 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car handles far better than most sports cars,and she loves to run. For those of you who don't know this is a Ford design with the Mazda mx6 engine. For those who want a sports car on a budget, this is it. The GT is the funnest car I've ever owned.

Crazy Transmission
By Keim Time on 12/16/08 09:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I had this 1995 Ford Probe GT for a month or 2 and so far so good. The manual transmission can be a little jerky and not get into gear sometimes when you start off ecspecialy when its really cold. It could be intake or compression but overall it handles awesome for 116,000 miles. I can get 63 mph in 2nd at about 7,500 rpm so after that its not so fast.

Better slalom time than the 1995 Corvette
By Dean Midlick on 06/08/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Even though my Probe GT was totaled about a year ago it was by far the funnest car I ever owned. It was a true sports car with better cornering times than the Corvette, comparable quarter mile times to the Mustang GT and when those secondary throttle bodies opened up at about 6000 rpm and the torque steer kicked in talk about exhilerating. I wish Ford would bring it back. Great gas mileage and performance. Perfect styling to compete against the foriegn market and easily affordable. Truly a great timeless car.

Probe GT Good Choice
By golden2husky on 03/09/08 07:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The GT is clearly biased toward handling over absolute comfort. That said, the ride is acceptable. Corner carving potential is awesome for a FWD car. More is easily obtainable by changing the rear sway bar. Steering is precise, brakes have good feel and are effective. Build quality is very good as is reliability. Overall power is down by today's standards, but rolling starts from 20 mph are quick. Mileage is decent, but the gearing keeps too many revs for 30 plus MPG to happen. 27 MPG on the highway is obtainable. Shifter is nice and accurate. Car came with high performance summer tires which are essential to handling.

EXCELLENT CAR
By Cherish on 11/17/06 22:34 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is the best car I've ever had! They should make this car still. I will always try to have a Ford Probe. My old car was a 1993 Ford Probe SE with almost 300,000 miles and it was still running when I sold it. These cars are so reliable. I've never been disappointed in this car.

Sleeper Sports Car
By runninwiththedevil on 01/30/06 22:17 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Gorgeous curves, power to spare, reliable as an anvil, the 5 speed Probe GT has been a sheer delight to own and drive. 135,000 trouble free miles thus far. A true enthusiasts car, will be sad to let this one go for family considerations.