Used 1995 Ford Probe GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

No reading on odometer
By pastor129

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

bought new and was on the expressway and my son asked how fast we were going, keep in mind we just left the dealership, and I looked down and the odometer was not working. The fact is nothing on the dash was working at all.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, but too tight for a tall person

Suggested Improvements

Connect the dashboard harness before selling

A small, sporty car with a higher purpose
By moderntorque

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The 2nd Generation Ford Probe GT CAN BE a very fun car. Let's remember they are all in various states of repair, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. It pays to spend a little more for your 17 year old car. The Probe has a GT a revvy, V6's with the ability to push as hard into a corner as you would like. It isn't a Vette but 110 miles an hour is no sweat. Like a few other Fords of this generation (namely the SHO of which I have 2) It makes all it's torque over 4,000 rpm. So getting on the freeway is somewhat interesting. Have your mechanic look at this car before you buy it. You WILL NOT REGRET IT! In spite of what teenagers have posted here, there IS A WAY to buy a used car of this age. #ijs

Favorite Features

Smooth idle, good air conditioning and heater, nimble handler. 7,000 rpm red line. Decent aftermarket support.

My 95 ford probe GT
By CarpenterChick

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my little car. It is still running good. I have to put a little money here and there but over all it's the best I've had. It's very quick, handles wonderfully in rain. It's very fast. I do have to be easy when using the gas pedal, it just gets up and goes... I won't trade it in for anything......

Favorite Features

The sporty style, durable strong engine.

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back as a Hybrid!!!

A Great Little Sports Card
By probedriver1995

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've only owned my Probe for about a month now, but I've really enjoyed driving it. Combined with the 5-speed manual transmission, the Probe can get moving pretty quickly. It looks great, even for a 14 year old year. Seats are very comfortable, and the whole interior is well layed out. It gets pretty good gas mileage considering it's a 6 cylinder. The trunk space is pretty generous as well, with a 60/40 split rear-seat. All-in-all, the Probe GT is a great little sports coupe!

Favorite Features

Power, comfortable seats, good gas mileage, looks, alloy wheels, pretty reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More rear seat legroom, let it use regular gas instead of premium, cheaper parts.

Fordza
By ford guy

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car handles far better than most sports cars,and she loves to run. For those of you who don't know this is a Ford design with the Mazda mx6 engine. For those who want a sports car on a budget, this is it. The GT is the funnest car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

The pure desire to scream

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder