Used 1995 Ford Probe SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

My Financial Ruin
By whitetree

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoyed driving my ford probe. It was fairly comfortable with responsive handling and decent acceleration for a standard 2L 4cyl. However the car broke down numerous times. I had to put thousands of dollars of repairs into this car in only one year. I had to replace tie rods, sway bars, clutch slave and master cylinders, both CV axles, muffler, catalytic converter, etc. I finally got rid of the curse when I saw foam and rust on the oil dip stick. I sold off the car at $130,000 miles for a couple hundred.

Cockpit interior

Every single mechanical part of the vehicle.

Great First Car
By NolesGirl03

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My 1995 Ford Probe SE has been a blessing and a curse. I've had the car for nearly 8 years now and put well over 100,000 miles on him. But the problems started after two weeks of ownership. My AC compressor has been shredding belts every other month, I'm on my third transmission and I may be single-handedly responsible for the oil crisis (cause my car leaks oil like it's on a mission). But for a car that has been so unreliable it sure has been reliable - if that makes sense. I know my car will get me from Point A to Point B as long as they aren't too far from each other and I have quarts of oil in tow. Fun car to drive, as well. I love taking turns fast.

I love the exterior design. It was well ahead of it's time. The trunk space is amazing for such a tiny car.

Ford needs to make the ATX a little more reliable. If it wasn't for my transmission problems this car would have been a dream. Also needs more head room in the backseat.

Don't buy this car
By breavo

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Looks are decieving! This car is horrible. I bought one and things just kept happening. One thing after another. The clutches are bad, the transmission is bad, the parts are more expensive than any other car, are not comfortable, not all that powerful, though it is fun to drive for the few miles it goes. I beg you not to even consider this car. Go with something reliable like an expensive remote control car. You would most likely have more luck with that! I regret buying this thing. I am only 17 years old and spent all my money on this car. Now I'm stuck with nothing and I don't want people to suffer the same problem. Please don't buy this mistake!

Mistake
By steves238stang

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

All in all it's a fun call to drive, however I don't Mazda/Ford ever built these cars to really last very long, they seem like a pretty good college kids but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the simple fact that they don't make it anymore and parts are pretty hard to find parts for it.

None

Don't make it anymore who cares

I love this Car
By probeguy

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 95 SE for about two years; got when it had 90,000 miles and have put about 20,000 miles on it. It is quick for a four and handles like the best. I love taking this car on curvy roads. I beat this car and the engine and clutch are still strong. My family has liked it so much my brother got a Probe as well. Its biggest problem is engine electronics. The mass airflow sensor has gone as well as the idle air control valve, and they are expensive to replace.

Exterior looks, front bucket seats, handling, suspension, wide tires, huge hatchback area (I can completely lay down in the back with the seats folded).

Improve air intake system, more room for back passengers.