1995 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
No reading on odometer
By pastor129 on 03/10/14 07:55 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

bought new and was on the expressway and my son asked how fast we were going, keep in mind we just left the dealership, and I looked down and the odometer was not working. The fact is nothing on the dash was working at all.

A small, sporty car with a higher purpose
By moderntorque on 11/28/12 23:48 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The 2nd Generation Ford Probe GT CAN BE a very fun car. Let's remember they are all in various states of repair, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. It pays to spend a little more for your 17 year old car. The Probe has a GT a revvy, V6's with the ability to push as hard into a corner as you would like. It isn't a Vette but 110 miles an hour is no sweat. Like a few other Fords of this generation (namely the SHO of which I have 2) It makes all it's torque over 4,000 rpm. So getting on the freeway is somewhat interesting. Have your mechanic look at this car before you buy it. You WILL NOT REGRET IT! In spite of what teenagers have posted here, there IS A WAY to buy a used car of this age. #ijs

My Financial Ruin
By whitetree on 05/16/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoyed driving my ford probe. It was fairly comfortable with responsive handling and decent acceleration for a standard 2L 4cyl. However the car broke down numerous times. I had to put thousands of dollars of repairs into this car in only one year. I had to replace tie rods, sway bars, clutch slave and master cylinders, both CV axles, muffler, catalytic converter, etc. I finally got rid of the curse when I saw foam and rust on the oil dip stick. I sold off the car at $130,000 miles for a couple hundred.

My 95 ford probe GT
By CarpenterChick on 08/10/09 17:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my little car. It is still running good. I have to put a little money here and there but over all it's the best I've had. It's very quick, handles wonderfully in rain. It's very fast. I do have to be easy when using the gas pedal, it just gets up and goes... I won't trade it in for anything......

A Great Little Sports Card
By probedriver1995 on 08/07/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've only owned my Probe for about a month now, but I've really enjoyed driving it. Combined with the 5-speed manual transmission, the Probe can get moving pretty quickly. It looks great, even for a 14 year old year. Seats are very comfortable, and the whole interior is well layed out. It gets pretty good gas mileage considering it's a 6 cylinder. The trunk space is pretty generous as well, with a 60/40 split rear-seat. All-in-all, the Probe GT is a great little sports coupe!

Fordza
By ford guy on 02/17/09 14:23 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This car handles far better than most sports cars,and she loves to run. For those of you who don't know this is a Ford design with the Mazda mx6 engine. For those who want a sports car on a budget, this is it. The GT is the funnest car I've ever owned.

Crazy Transmission
By Keim Time on 12/16/08 09:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I had this 1995 Ford Probe GT for a month or 2 and so far so good. The manual transmission can be a little jerky and not get into gear sometimes when you start off ecspecialy when its really cold. It could be intake or compression but overall it handles awesome for 116,000 miles. I can get 63 mph in 2nd at about 7,500 rpm so after that its not so fast.

Great First Car
By NolesGirl03 on 11/24/08 21:26 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My 1995 Ford Probe SE has been a blessing and a curse. I've had the car for nearly 8 years now and put well over 100,000 miles on him. But the problems started after two weeks of ownership. My AC compressor has been shredding belts every other month, I'm on my third transmission and I may be single-handedly responsible for the oil crisis (cause my car leaks oil like it's on a mission). But for a car that has been so unreliable it sure has been reliable - if that makes sense. I know my car will get me from Point A to Point B as long as they aren't too far from each other and I have quarts of oil in tow. Fun car to drive, as well. I love taking turns fast.

Don't buy this car
By breavo on 11/10/08 15:14 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Looks are decieving! This car is horrible. I bought one and things just kept happening. One thing after another. The clutches are bad, the transmission is bad, the parts are more expensive than any other car, are not comfortable, not all that powerful, though it is fun to drive for the few miles it goes. I beg you not to even consider this car. Go with something reliable like an expensive remote control car. You would most likely have more luck with that! I regret buying this thing. I am only 17 years old and spent all my money on this car. Now I'm stuck with nothing and I don't want people to suffer the same problem. Please don't buy this mistake!

Mistake
By steves238stang on 10/23/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

All in all it's a fun call to drive, however I don't Mazda/Ford ever built these cars to really last very long, they seem like a pretty good college kids but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the simple fact that they don't make it anymore and parts are pretty hard to find parts for it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »