1995 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
My Financial Ruin
By whitetree on 05/16/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I enjoyed driving my ford probe. It was fairly comfortable with responsive handling and decent acceleration for a standard 2L 4cyl. However the car broke down numerous times. I had to put thousands of dollars of repairs into this car in only one year. I had to replace tie rods, sway bars, clutch slave and master cylinders, both CV axles, muffler, catalytic converter, etc. I finally got rid of the curse when I saw foam and rust on the oil dip stick. I sold off the car at $130,000 miles for a couple hundred.

Great First Car
By NolesGirl03 on 11/24/08 21:26 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My 1995 Ford Probe SE has been a blessing and a curse. I've had the car for nearly 8 years now and put well over 100,000 miles on him. But the problems started after two weeks of ownership. My AC compressor has been shredding belts every other month, I'm on my third transmission and I may be single-handedly responsible for the oil crisis (cause my car leaks oil like it's on a mission). But for a car that has been so unreliable it sure has been reliable - if that makes sense. I know my car will get me from Point A to Point B as long as they aren't too far from each other and I have quarts of oil in tow. Fun car to drive, as well. I love taking turns fast.

Don't buy this car
By breavo on 11/10/08 15:14 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Looks are decieving! This car is horrible. I bought one and things just kept happening. One thing after another. The clutches are bad, the transmission is bad, the parts are more expensive than any other car, are not comfortable, not all that powerful, though it is fun to drive for the few miles it goes. I beg you not to even consider this car. Go with something reliable like an expensive remote control car. You would most likely have more luck with that! I regret buying this thing. I am only 17 years old and spent all my money on this car. Now I'm stuck with nothing and I don't want people to suffer the same problem. Please don't buy this mistake!

Mistake
By steves238stang on 10/23/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

All in all it's a fun call to drive, however I don't Mazda/Ford ever built these cars to really last very long, they seem like a pretty good college kids but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the simple fact that they don't make it anymore and parts are pretty hard to find parts for it.

I love this Car
By probeguy on 05/21/06 18:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 95 SE for about two years; got when it had 90,000 miles and have put about 20,000 miles on it. It is quick for a four and handles like the best. I love taking this car on curvy roads. I beat this car and the engine and clutch are still strong. My family has liked it so much my brother got a Probe as well. Its biggest problem is engine electronics. The mass airflow sensor has gone as well as the idle air control valve, and they are expensive to replace.

Owned Two Probes
By Kayster on 07/06/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I first owned a 1994 Probe and never had a problem with it but now have the 1995 SE and had nothing but one problem after another. Especially with the o/d light coming on and flashing on and off. This made the transmission completely go and just had to fork out $1700 to replace it. A great car to drive but sorry transmissions.

JC's '95 Probe
By J Coyne on 01/06/05 13:32 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in '97 with 28,000 miles and it's been a really solid vehicle. I had no major repairs to make until 170,000 miles, when the automatic transmission went out. At around $2000 to repair, this is the last of my Probe. But it's been the most reliable car I have ever owned.

95 Probe SE
By MandyJT on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My experience with my Ford Probe has been wonderful. It gets great gas mileage, is very reliable and safe.

A Classic
By 95ProbeBase on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

The Ford Probe, is an excelent car, why did Ford discontinue the model... No sales, why you ask? The Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) never developed a Probe SVT and they were not advertiseing them as much as they should have. It is a great looking, preforming (GT), and Handleing car. If they came out with the Second Generation Probe again, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

My favorite car ever!
By cargirl on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car. I had no mechanical problems with this car.