1994 Ford Probe Consumer Review: The Pink Probe

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The Pink Probe
By Daniel on

1994 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car about 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems. This car has 164,000 miles on it. The engine is very healthy but everything else is falling apart. The transmission is very fickle and can never decide what gear to be in. The anti-lock light is on on the dash. The brakes make weird noises. The sunroof is rusting badly. The interior is absolutely falling apart and makes all sorts of funky clunking and cracking noises. The AC makes horrid noises and barely works. In Florida, this is not good! I will never by a Ford Probe GT again and don't recommend them to anyone. Horrible choice.

Favorite Features

Ample pick up, fun handling.

Suggested Improvements

Make the sunroof glass, not metal. AC compressor needs to last longer and not make noise. ABS system needs to be tweaked. Automatic transmission needs to feel like a sports car, not a Toyota Tercel.
By jennyfly09
on 03/23/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

I;m glad to finally find someone else who has a problem with the ford. I havent even had mine for a year and ive blown at least 2300 dollars in repairs in it that I dont really even have. anyways I'm just glad someone else has had issues with their probe because everyone else is just saying how awesome and amazing theirs is