1994 Ford Probe Consumer Review: Bought Used

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

Bought Used
By Anthony on

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in November of '08 with 180,000 miles on it. Guy just didn't want it anymore and was only asking $1000 cash. I'm now at 190,500 miles and I've just replaced the original transmission. I could tell she was used as a racer, but I thought with a little TLC, I could get her back to being a decent car for all the work she had to have done to her. I've put in a new distributor, ignition control module, cap, rotor, egr sensor, egr valve, fuel filter, fuel pump, bosch wires and bosch iridium plugs in her. She runs like a champ and I don't foresee any major work anytime in the near future. I'll turn 200,000 miles no problem.

Cornering, switchback mountain roads are a blast to drive (handles extremely well), passing at highway speeds is no problem.

I need a paint job badly, Ford needed a better paint than what they used (mine's badly faded - my car is black), and next time make the timing belt more accessible... Almost impossible to get to in the GT model.