Used 1994 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Probe

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Ford Probe
By Chaz

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Good car but too slow and too hard to find performance parts. Pulled a 18.5 1/4 mile which is pretty slow but fun and good looking.

Favorite Features

Wide tires, handling, looks.

Suggested Improvements

More power.

still turns heads
By john smith

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I have the GT model. I like the power but you would expect a V6 not work to hard, as it does in the probe. For a '94 It is in really good shape. The struts that support the hatch needed replacement. The O2 sensor went bad. The brakes all around were replaced before I took the car. The ride is harsh, but I had 17s put on the car. The car is really bad in snow. But it eats up twisty roads with no problem. Overall with some aftermarket product this car can standout. My old turbo GT was much more fun and downright quick compared to this model.

Favorite Features

Styling, brakes, gas mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Ford does not make the car anymore, but a free flowing muffler, gear ratios.

LOVES IT
By Ontario

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I loved my Probe since the day I bought it. No real problems except the trunk does not stay up when popped and the CV joints always needs replaced. I have the best looking color which is black.

Favorite Features

Performance and style

Suggested Improvements

needs stronger paint

my friend, my Probe
By tlynn

1994 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Probe in 1997. It had 32,000 miles on it but looked brand new. I have been very happy with gas milage and still get 25.8 MPG IN City! Other than basic maintenance I have not had to do much mechanically to my Probe. The only disappointment I have had is the fading of the paint and the breaking down of the plastic parts used in some parts of the car. A mechanic explained to me that the problem I sometimes have in cold weather when my door won't unlock by the key is due to the breakdown of the hard plastic used. The same "plastic' is used in the seats for the lumbar positioning, etc. My driver seat is forever in the position I need it t

Favorite Features

The body style is my favorite thing. Also, it is fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again using metal and not plastic parts. Use better paint for the "Reds"!

'94 Probe GT 5-speed
By Mark5

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

First off, FYI, Probes share the same chassis and driveline as a Mazda MX-6, but Probes resale values are much less. The V6 is so smooth, way more refined than any other V6 I've driven. The gearbox is good and reliable. I have about 148,000 miles on the original clutch. This car handles great also. On 93-95 models the ignitor and coil seem to fail quite often. I installed an MSD system and it's been reliable ever since. I have power everthing on mine and everything still works fine. The exterior has the bad Ford red paint which fades badly. If they still made the Probe, I would buy another.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, great suspension, smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should have recalled their red paint...