1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
The whole nine yards
By Kevin G on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought my '94SE about a month ago, and already this is by far the best car I've ever owned. I haven't had one problem with it. The small 2.0L engine delivers a surprising amount of power, especially given the weight of the vehicle (2700lbs). I get looks wherever I go, and my girlfriend refers to it as "the fun car." The gas mileage is great. I'd recommend the Probe to anyone who wants a good, reliable, great looking sports car.

My Probe (
By lindy on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I love my probe. It runs like a kitten

Great car
By Danible on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

This is absolutely a wonderful, fast, nice looking, awesome, great car. I love it very much.

Looks are deceiving
By jfm on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

This is a fun vehicle to drive until everything under the hood needs replacing. Today I am trading my car in and the dealership is giving me a value of 1800.00. I am coming out great!!! In order to fix this vehicle the cost is probably little over 3000.00. The repairs are more than the value of the car. Good luck to anyone that buys this car.

inexpensive? i think not
By Lysabet on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

the transmission in my '94 probe se failed at 80k, and cost 3k to fix it, which is more than the value of the car. other than normal maintanence i've replaced the O2 sensors twice, the entire exhaust system, and too many engine parts to write the air conditioning is the only thing in my car that has been reliable. plus, i have a clean driving record and the insurance is expensive. it's an inexpensive "sports car", however the repairs and parts are super expensive. unless you can do the work yourself, or have an awesome mechanic, you'll be spending lots of cash to keep the car on the road.

Excellent Car
By Moeses on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Probe for over two years now. I have not had to do anything to it major yet. I had to have the transmission rebuilt but that was due to the design flaw in it, Ford should have recalled it but didn't. So I don't consider that my fault. I am in the process of upgrading it to be able to race it this fall.

A faithful vehicle-always ready to go
By Fertileground on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I put over 100,000 miles on this one in under 4 years, and with the exception of a couple of sensor replacements and some dings, this car could be counted on every single day to start up and run smoothly.