Used 1994 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Probe

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Still styling 22 years later!
By Mike's94

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car with 60,000 miles on it in 2006, have put another 50,000 miles on in the last 10 years. Has been a blast, granddaddy of the Ford/Mazda G platform that lives on in the Fusion, Edge, Mazda6, etc, and obvious front end styling resembling the 1gen Miata. Handling on the car is great, comfort with the GT class is good and until the last 3 or 4 years in which technology has taken off for safety and convenience features, there were few new cars of this size that I considered a significant upgrade to this one.

Since passed down to my son who is enjoying it immensely. It is a 22 year old car though, and things wear out, parts become more scarce, and ownership becomes more challenging.

Its been a great ride though, Thanks Ford/Mazda!

great car
By gtdagame

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

this is my second ford probe my first was a 1997 and had to get another one. the 1994 is much more economical and smaller. love it. great design, gas mileage, comfort, etc. all around a great car

Crappiest Car ever
By jennyfly09

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1994 Ford Probe the middle of last year and I'm sorry to say but this is the worst car that I have ever seen. Within a month, I had to pay 1600 to get the transmission rebuilt. To this day, I've paid at least over 2300 dollars in repairs and it still needs repairs done to it. I've read the other reviews here about their probes and they were the lucky ones but I honestly will most likely never buy another Ford again because this one completely ruined it for me. The car was only owned by one other person and she had similar issues with it so i highly doubt its the age because she took care of it, fixed it when it needed to be.

the only features i like is the cd player thats brand new because the last owner had to replace it and i like the fact that the car looks pretty decent

Put more work into building the car, inside and out, don't build it halfway and do a high quality job because honestly, Ive made 2300 dollars in repairs in less than a year and in my opinion thats just ridiculous.

My '94 Probe SE
By Jamie

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My husband bought me this car a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love it. It has 137,000 miles on it but has been maintained very well. I have had no problems at all with rust on the sunroof or anywhere else. All electronics in the car still work including the electric sunroof and windows and keyless entry and also the A/C and heater.. It's fun to drive and fast enough (though it could be a lot faster). It gets decent gas mileage but it drinks a lot if you have to drive mountains. The exterior is beautiful, garage kept (where it'll stay). It doesn't look like a 1994 model car and I think if maintained well I can get 100,000+ more miles out of the car.

The seats are horrible at first, but once you get settled in them they aren't too bad on a trip. Better be a small adult or a child to ride in the backseat.

Fun car
By ssco00

1994 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this new in Ohio and broke it in with a trip to Colorado a week later. Once I found the proper seat setting, it is completely comfortable for 600+ mile days. Ride is harsh, but seats fine. Great trunk space, takes intersections like a slot car. It really likes to play on mountain roads. 10,000 feet altitude is no problem. Have had CV joints, front struts, engine mounts, part of exhaust system and distributor replaced. I replaced gas springs on hatch twice, the headlights recently, and the power antenna needs replaced. Not bad for 16 years.

Handling and general appearance. It still looks modern after 16 years.

For the price and performance and when it was made, it is difficult to criticize.