1994 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Fun car
By ssco00 on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this new in Ohio and broke it in with a trip to Colorado a week later. Once I found the proper seat setting, it is completely comfortable for 600+ mile days. Ride is harsh, but seats fine. Great trunk space, takes intersections like a slot car. It really likes to play on mountain roads. 10,000 feet altitude is no problem. Have had CV joints, front struts, engine mounts, part of exhaust system and distributor replaced. I replaced gas springs on hatch twice, the headlights recently, and the power antenna needs replaced. Not bad for 16 years.

Bought Used
By Anthony on 04/30/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in November of '08 with 180,000 miles on it. Guy just didn't want it anymore and was only asking $1000 cash. I'm now at 190,500 miles and I've just replaced the original transmission. I could tell she was used as a racer, but I thought with a little TLC, I could get her back to being a decent car for all the work she had to have done to her. I've put in a new distributor, ignition control module, cap, rotor, egr sensor, egr valve, fuel filter, fuel pump, bosch wires and bosch iridium plugs in her. She runs like a champ and I don't foresee any major work anytime in the near future. I'll turn 200,000 miles no problem.

Still great after all these years
By Bobby Holden on 01/27/09 20:51 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Probe GT since 2000 now and it's just as reliable as the 89 probe LX I had in the 90's. They always started for me as long as the battery was worth a darn. They don't require any more maintence than any other modern car with O2 sensors and fuel injection. They actually are way less complicated than cars made after 2000 that have crap like O2 sensors built into the catalatic converter and other mergers of components that make repair more expensive and upgrades impossable. The avalible upgrades are endless, from Lambo doors to head- light conversions the only limitation is your wallet. Horsepower is easily beefed up. Most cars wish they had upgrades like this avalible. A++ always!

Attention grabber
By th on 07/15/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Haven't had this car too long but my friend/cousin had it a while before that and it never seemed to have any major problems. Great pickup speed. Try to put premium in it for better performance but runs great either way. Just being a 94 Probe, it still grabs the attention of many passers-by. I'm not sure about everyone else, but mine sort of makes a rattling noise in the exhaust around 2500 rpm. No leaks, and sounds the same even after replacing the flexpipe.

Bring it back
By all for it ! on 10/11/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GT almost 2 years ago. Been in love ever since. Was a daily driver till just recently, now I’m putting some time and money into the improvement of it. It's got a real good base for performance. And if you’ve got the time and money they can be super fast. So far with just the basics headers, exhaust, cold air intake, pcm I’m around 200hp! There is just something about getting behind the wheel of this car.

Definitely a performance tuner
By PrbAdctn on 06/28/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

One of the best cars I’ve ever had. Definitely a fun tuner. Currently running about 320hp with the KLZE engine, twin turbo with 2.5 intercooler, polished headers and a Borla dual exhaust system (and that’s the big parts). Not very roomy under the hood but relocating a few things makes up just fine. Great car to have and my gas mileage is still decent (about 23mpg). Haven’t found any problems yet and you won’t as long as you know how to take care of it. Interior is nice. I’m 6'2 and I’m never uncomfortable. Highly suggest this car if you come across one that’s still in good shape. Very fun to drive

My baby
By savetherhin0 on 04/21/07 23:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've have a good experience with my Probe. I've owned it 6-7 years with not major problems. The biggest problem was the water pump and timing belt at 130K. Other then that, I replaced the entire exhaust and havent had further problems. I am currently having a problem with the oil pan, but stuff happens. I've only been let down by it once in the snow-altenator and power steering belts broke. Only about 100 bucks and half my day. It actually does surprisingly well in the snow and it is a joy to drive in the summer.

"This car is FUN!!"
By Ryan on 01/11/07 12:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The Ford Probe GT is a great fun to drive car. It has great reliability. Nothing was replace on the car until around 110,000 miles. The Probe still has its original transmission at 142,000 miles. It handles like a true sports car. It can really hold the road and has a super fast take off for a 2.5 V6. PS: It gets gas mileage and be even faster with premium gas.

The Pink Probe
By Daniel on 05/16/06 23:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car about 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems. This car has 164,000 miles on it. The engine is very healthy but everything else is falling apart. The transmission is very fickle and can never decide what gear to be in. The anti-lock light is on on the dash. The brakes make weird noises. The sunroof is rusting badly. The interior is absolutely falling apart and makes all sorts of funky clunking and cracking noises. The AC makes horrid noises and barely works. In Florida, this is not good! I will never by a Ford Probe GT again and don't recommend them to anyone. Horrible choice.

Bang for the Buck
By Smackcat on 04/08/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Good car for the dollar. 2.5L V6 humps with the 5-speed. Just wish the KLZE engine was available in the U.S. Extreme acceleration for a 164HP engine. The 5-speed is a must, FUN FUN FUN! Tires are expensive. Both CV joints pooped on me. Interior rattles like a snake, but all of them do. Exhaust is tuned nicely. Looks aren't bad, very customizable car. Car doesn't get much glory considering it's a domestic, Ford. Surprises many! Sits low to the ground, not snow-friendly. If the engine goes, KLZE's can be imported from Canada or Asia. The KLZE engine is directly swappable and pushes 200HP. Can you imagine?