1994 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Crappiest Car ever
By jennyfly09 on 03/23/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1994 Ford Probe the middle of last year and I'm sorry to say but this is the worst car that I have ever seen. Within a month, I had to pay 1600 to get the transmission rebuilt. To this day, I've paid at least over 2300 dollars in repairs and it still needs repairs done to it. I've read the other reviews here about their probes and they were the lucky ones but I honestly will most likely never buy another Ford again because this one completely ruined it for me. The car was only owned by one other person and she had similar issues with it so i highly doubt its the age because she took care of it, fixed it when it needed to be.

My '94 Probe SE
By Jamie on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My husband bought me this car a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love it. It has 137,000 miles on it but has been maintained very well. I have had no problems at all with rust on the sunroof or anywhere else. All electronics in the car still work including the electric sunroof and windows and keyless entry and also the A/C and heater.. It's fun to drive and fast enough (though it could be a lot faster). It gets decent gas mileage but it drinks a lot if you have to drive mountains. The exterior is beautiful, garage kept (where it'll stay). It doesn't look like a 1994 model car and I think if maintained well I can get 100,000+ more miles out of the car.

Fun car
By ssco00 on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this new in Ohio and broke it in with a trip to Colorado a week later. Once I found the proper seat setting, it is completely comfortable for 600+ mile days. Ride is harsh, but seats fine. Great trunk space, takes intersections like a slot car. It really likes to play on mountain roads. 10,000 feet altitude is no problem. Have had CV joints, front struts, engine mounts, part of exhaust system and distributor replaced. I replaced gas springs on hatch twice, the headlights recently, and the power antenna needs replaced. Not bad for 16 years.

Bought Used
By Anthony on 04/30/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in November of '08 with 180,000 miles on it. Guy just didn't want it anymore and was only asking $1000 cash. I'm now at 190,500 miles and I've just replaced the original transmission. I could tell she was used as a racer, but I thought with a little TLC, I could get her back to being a decent car for all the work she had to have done to her. I've put in a new distributor, ignition control module, cap, rotor, egr sensor, egr valve, fuel filter, fuel pump, bosch wires and bosch iridium plugs in her. She runs like a champ and I don't foresee any major work anytime in the near future. I'll turn 200,000 miles no problem.

Still great after all these years
By Bobby Holden on 01/27/09 20:51 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Probe GT since 2000 now and it's just as reliable as the 89 probe LX I had in the 90's. They always started for me as long as the battery was worth a darn. They don't require any more maintence than any other modern car with O2 sensors and fuel injection. They actually are way less complicated than cars made after 2000 that have crap like O2 sensors built into the catalatic converter and other mergers of components that make repair more expensive and upgrades impossable. The avalible upgrades are endless, from Lambo doors to head- light conversions the only limitation is your wallet. Horsepower is easily beefed up. Most cars wish they had upgrades like this avalible. A++ always!

Great Car, This is my 2nd one!
By Love this Car! on 11/23/08 20:45 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I love these cars! It handles very well in the snow, I live right next to a lake so I get plenty of lake effect snow. This car is perfect for everyday driving and sport tuning! I love the design and you can see very well out all of the windows, no blind spots. Just buy it you won't be unhappy!

Attention grabber
By th on 07/15/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Haven't had this car too long but my friend/cousin had it a while before that and it never seemed to have any major problems. Great pickup speed. Try to put premium in it for better performance but runs great either way. Just being a 94 Probe, it still grabs the attention of many passers-by. I'm not sure about everyone else, but mine sort of makes a rattling noise in the exhaust around 2500 rpm. No leaks, and sounds the same even after replacing the flexpipe.

Ford Probe SE/04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
By scooby doo on 06/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Sick car. Bought it 4 months ago with 86k miles. Since then I have put my old 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT engine, and it runs great. When I bought my Probe I couldn't believe it was a 94 it has been garaged for 14 years so it pretty much looks brand new. Paint job looks relatively new and there are no dents, rust, or scratches.

Bring it back
By all for it ! on 10/11/07 13:27 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GT almost 2 years ago. Been in love ever since. Was a daily driver till just recently, now I’m putting some time and money into the improvement of it. It's got a real good base for performance. And if you’ve got the time and money they can be super fast. So far with just the basics headers, exhaust, cold air intake, pcm I’m around 200hp! There is just something about getting behind the wheel of this car.

Definitely a performance tuner
By PrbAdctn on 06/28/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

One of the best cars I’ve ever had. Definitely a fun tuner. Currently running about 320hp with the KLZE engine, twin turbo with 2.5 intercooler, polished headers and a Borla dual exhaust system (and that’s the big parts). Not very roomy under the hood but relocating a few things makes up just fine. Great car to have and my gas mileage is still decent (about 23mpg). Haven’t found any problems yet and you won’t as long as you know how to take care of it. Interior is nice. I’m 6'2 and I’m never uncomfortable. Highly suggest this car if you come across one that’s still in good shape. Very fun to drive

1 2 3 4 5 next »