Used 1994 Ford Probe SE Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

great car
By gtdagame

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

this is my second ford probe my first was a 1997 and had to get another one. the 1994 is much more economical and smaller. love it. great design, gas mileage, comfort, etc. all around a great car

Crappiest Car ever
By jennyfly09

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1994 Ford Probe the middle of last year and I'm sorry to say but this is the worst car that I have ever seen. Within a month, I had to pay 1600 to get the transmission rebuilt. To this day, I've paid at least over 2300 dollars in repairs and it still needs repairs done to it. I've read the other reviews here about their probes and they were the lucky ones but I honestly will most likely never buy another Ford again because this one completely ruined it for me. The car was only owned by one other person and she had similar issues with it so i highly doubt its the age because she took care of it, fixed it when it needed to be.

the only features i like is the cd player thats brand new because the last owner had to replace it and i like the fact that the car looks pretty decent

Put more work into building the car, inside and out, don't build it halfway and do a high quality job because honestly, Ive made 2300 dollars in repairs in less than a year and in my opinion thats just ridiculous.

My '94 Probe SE
By Jamie

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My husband bought me this car a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love it. It has 137,000 miles on it but has been maintained very well. I have had no problems at all with rust on the sunroof or anywhere else. All electronics in the car still work including the electric sunroof and windows and keyless entry and also the A/C and heater.. It's fun to drive and fast enough (though it could be a lot faster). It gets decent gas mileage but it drinks a lot if you have to drive mountains. The exterior is beautiful, garage kept (where it'll stay). It doesn't look like a 1994 model car and I think if maintained well I can get 100,000+ more miles out of the car.

The seats are horrible at first, but once you get settled in them they aren't too bad on a trip. Better be a small adult or a child to ride in the backseat.

Ford Probe SE/04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
By scooby doo

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Sick car. Bought it 4 months ago with 86k miles. Since then I have put my old 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT engine, and it runs great. When I bought my Probe I couldn't believe it was a 94 it has been garaged for 14 years so it pretty much looks brand new. Paint job looks relatively new and there are no dents, rust, or scratches.

Looks!

More backseat leg room

Probe SE
By Probe se

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have put 25,000 miles on this car since buying it and have done nothing but maintenance. It handles great, looks nice and gets good mileage. I don't see many on the road any longer which to me makes it that much more desirable. My 94 has only 78,000 miles on it and I am constantly asked if I would sell it. I have become pretty attached to this sporty little car.

Terrific cornering car. Great handling.

For what it is it performs very well.