1994 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
great car
By gtdagame on 10/17/14 10:57 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

this is my second ford probe my first was a 1997 and had to get another one. the 1994 is much more economical and smaller. love it. great design, gas mileage, comfort, etc. all around a great car

Crappiest Car ever
By jennyfly09 on 03/23/11 18:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1994 Ford Probe the middle of last year and I'm sorry to say but this is the worst car that I have ever seen. Within a month, I had to pay 1600 to get the transmission rebuilt. To this day, I've paid at least over 2300 dollars in repairs and it still needs repairs done to it. I've read the other reviews here about their probes and they were the lucky ones but I honestly will most likely never buy another Ford again because this one completely ruined it for me. The car was only owned by one other person and she had similar issues with it so i highly doubt its the age because she took care of it, fixed it when it needed to be.

My '94 Probe SE
By Jamie on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

My husband bought me this car a couple of weeks ago, and so far I love it. It has 137,000 miles on it but has been maintained very well. I have had no problems at all with rust on the sunroof or anywhere else. All electronics in the car still work including the electric sunroof and windows and keyless entry and also the A/C and heater.. It's fun to drive and fast enough (though it could be a lot faster). It gets decent gas mileage but it drinks a lot if you have to drive mountains. The exterior is beautiful, garage kept (where it'll stay). It doesn't look like a 1994 model car and I think if maintained well I can get 100,000+ more miles out of the car.

Ford Probe SE/04 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
By scooby doo on 06/30/08 18:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Sick car. Bought it 4 months ago with 86k miles. Since then I have put my old 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT engine, and it runs great. When I bought my Probe I couldn't believe it was a 94 it has been garaged for 14 years so it pretty much looks brand new. Paint job looks relatively new and there are no dents, rust, or scratches.

Probe SE
By Probe se on 03/25/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I have put 25,000 miles on this car since buying it and have done nothing but maintenance. It handles great, looks nice and gets good mileage. I don't see many on the road any longer which to me makes it that much more desirable. My 94 has only 78,000 miles on it and I am constantly asked if I would sell it. I have become pretty attached to this sporty little car.

underrated car
By c_hustle on 08/28/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

This car has been very reliable. I've had it for two years and haven't had any major repairs yet! Great car.

Love the car to death
By GatorAlex on 07/19/06 13:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car. I am 16 years old. I love this car and I would recommend this car for a first car because it' s reliable and it gets great gas mileage. And my insurance is not bad either. As the title says, I love this car.

My Dear Alexa
By Daniel on 05/16/06 23:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I got my 1994 Ford Probe SE with 213,000 miles on her 2 years ago. She has failed me one time. She was in need of a tune up (all the spark plugs fouled out). Front Struts, water pump, and rack and pinion steering have been the only expensive repairs. She has been the best car and loads of fun to drive (only with the five speed). Now with 240,000, she still runs great!

Ford Probe
By Chaz on 07/09/05 02:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

Good car but too slow and too hard to find performance parts. Pulled a 18.5 1/4 mile which is pretty slow but fun and good looking.

don't by with high mileage!!
By spend big bucks on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe SE 2dr Hatchback

I had bought this car from my sister. This car was my first car that I owned after getting my license and for the first year of driving it, I didn't have any problems. Whenever I wanted it to pick up and go it would go. But after I had owned it about a year and a half, things started going wrong. First of all, the car is made of cheap plastic. The side pannels are only being held on by cheap plastic screws. The upholstry is thin and rips easily. I had to replace all four tires($75 a piece), the water pump twice($150), the battery(which was only a year old), the catylitc converter($100), the radiator($125), and a few other things.