1993 Ford Probe 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Car but Parts are

1993 Ford Probe - Consumer Review

GT 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Great Car but Parts are Expensive
By Jim P Ellicott City on

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I can't say enough good things about this car. 210k miles on the original clutch! Unfortunately, the clutch ended yesterday so it looks like curtains for her. I am 6'4" and fit fine. It is such a useful design, that I have used to move LazyBoy chairs and other large objects. She is a beauty, too (Red with Gray interior). I really loved this car. The parts are crazy expensive. The Ford dealer wanted $550 dollars for the muffler back in 1998, so I bought a Borla cat back for $350 (1million mile warranty). I've put about 6 half shafts in the car up front, brake master cylinder, but she still has the original radiator and engine running w/ 30 mpg hwy and idling smoothly. Great Car!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, tight handling, feel of clutch (smooth take-up), growl of engine note, great brakes, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

The car is built like a granite fortress that must be dis-assembled like a Chinese puzzle to fix. Mechanics absolutely hate working on this car because of how it is screwed together, which translates into huge repair bills for any repair no matter how small.