1993 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Are you a good driver?
By jmick on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

I bought my probe at the repo depot when it had about 85000 miles on it. As soon as I got it home, it dropped a manual transmission.... After that the car was a dream. It's a fun car to drive and its tiny engine burns NO gas. Here's the catch, I got into a wreck last year with a Chevy Z71 pickup. It bent his front quarter panel and totaled my car out (bits and pieces of the little thing went flying into traffic). So, if you're a good driver, enjoy! (if you're in the market for one, notice how it sounds like a tin can when you close the door)

really really good car
By mr hobbles on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

very easy to drive, great handling, still runs really well, and the stereo works great.

1993 Ford Probe GT
By retevase on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've owned. I have about 80K miles on it now, has never given me a problem. The Mazda motor is very reliable, the only thing I've done to it is change the timing belt and water pump (routine maintenance) and tune- ups/oil changes. It's quick, and insuranve is cheap. Highly recommended.

Good Car
By probe1se on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

I like this car alot. It looks great and performance isnt bad for a cylinder engine. No mechanical problems whatsoever in the 2 years I have owned it. Downside is the interior is very cheap.

great reliable car
By mkjdd on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Probe for 6 years and the biggest expensive was new tires. Fun to drive with decent power from the 'mazda' engine.

THis is an excellent car!!!
By grit on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I've ever had! It's a great car. It's a sports car that doen't get you tickets.

Probe
By Pawel on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car has excellent handling and combined with a powerful engine is really able to go place. Few mods and your racing with the best of them.

My love/hate car
By goldengopha on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

Maybe one of the most attractive cars Ford/Mazda has made. Handles great. Get the 5 speed as the Auto smothers acceleration and power. I love this car but be ready to shell out $$$ for *extremely* expensive parts. Paint is very soft, road noise is pronounced.

Great Car
By Tatsuo on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is absolutly wonderful! it is fun to drive and handles like nothing else for the price!

PGT PWR
By Italiasix on 02/26/02 16:39 PM (PST)

Great car wish that they didn't stop building the Mazda V6