Used 1993 Ford Probe GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Hope you have $$
By lynne2

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

For being 11 years old, the body has stayed in great shape. However, I have replaced just about everything on this car and half of it twice over within 122,00 miles. The engine is aluminum block engine which overheats easily and is extremly expensive to replace. This car has cost me a fortune. But has never left me stranded!

Smooth body design will keep it in style for years. The interior is very durable. Maneuvers quickly.

The engine is very sluggish and shifts gears very hard. The mechanical parts on this car don't last long and are way too expensive.

dead ar 177
By devil6

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car with all it's power. Had problems at the get go and had the tranny replaced under warranty at 40000. Muffler is expensive and have replaced 3 times in 10 years. Had power brakes disconnected 3 years ago when they malfuntioned on the highway and dealship couldn't figure out the problem. Catalytic is now gone and the powersteering has malfunctioned for the 5th time and it's off to the scrapeheap for this puppy. Got stolen once, attempted once more and broken into 2 more times in 4 years (I do not live in a bad area, either!)

Power. This car floated like my 'vette. Love the comfort and the beautiful interior. Trunkspace is incredible. Nice, fat tires. Hugged corners like a baby!

Could have improved the powersteering, ABS, incredibly expensive muffler system. Cheap stereo and speakers could have been much better for what this car cost.

Probes rule
By proberacer

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is strait up awsome. the only proble i've noticed is it needs a little more low end torqe. But I've put custom exhaust, intake, and fuel system so my GT is absolutly untouchable on the street I've got 150,000 miles, and the cars got at least 150K togo. I would recommend the Ford Probe GT to anyone (GREAT CAR).

Exterior design, sound, and ergonamics

it has some sort of low quality interior parts, no big deal, needs a little more torqe.

Probe
By rcf

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 11 years and put in 115500 miles on it and engine is still runs. Accellerates well and handling is above average. I'm still getting 26MPG. Only major problem I had was the brake calipers which was replaced under warantee. Overall, I'm satisfied with this car.

Aggresive design, engine, handling.

some rattles but is to be expected from 11 year old car.

Great Car..
By haplo

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

i have had my 93 GT for about 4 years now. I have 180k miles on it and it still runs great. I didn't have to do much maintenance except scheduled ones, like tires, brakes, timing belt and water pump. Water pump was ok, but i changed it when i was changing the timing belt. All the electrical controls still work. Great design exterior and interior. It just looks cheap material inside. Engine is definitely satisfying. Despite those long 10 years and 180k miles on it. I have driven many new cars most of them performance cars, I have to say Probe has its place as a sporty car with the V6 and the manual.

acceleration. all my friends respect my car. great styling. great handling.

better quality material for interior design.