1993 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
The Probe
By chris on 03/07/05 19:31 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great first car. Never had a car that handled the track better that was 100% stock. GOOD car to race, FUN car to drive. Seems to last forever.

Probe
By richard on 12/14/04 12:12 PM (PST)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

The Probe is a awesome car to drive - very fun but very reliable. I have had hardly any problems with it; nothing big for a '93. Comfortable seating. Big space in the hatch. All in all two thumbs up.

great car
By phalpown on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

i have gone through many cars and this is one of my favorites to just cruise around in. Great power for a little car. Its fun to drive and there is many tuner options that can be achieved for this car that normally isnt thought of. i put a water pump and timing belt in and i havent had to touch mine. It has ran great.

Perfect first car
By Desert93pgt on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, and i dont think i could have gotten a better first car. I am moving on as i want more power. For someone who wants light mods or to stay stock this is a perfect car, good power, crisp and great handling. ON a track this car holds its own against higher end cars well out of its pricerange.

Decent, but cheap.
By Lb4Bd33 on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car was my first...for the most part its been a decent car. But the paint is way too soft, the quality of the interior sux, and the exhaust has always got something up its a** because it falls apart everywhere. If its reliability we're talking about, then this car would be ranked pretty damn high in my books. Ive replaced the distributer 2x now and the problem seems to have finally faded. Ever since this issue and a faulty fuel pump, the car has been dependable. But I do agree with about every other probe owner about the outrageous prices to fix anything.

Hope you have $$
By lynne2 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

For being 11 years old, the body has stayed in great shape. However, I have replaced just about everything on this car and half of it twice over within 122,00 miles. The engine is aluminum block engine which overheats easily and is extremly expensive to replace. This car has cost me a fortune. But has never left me stranded!

dead ar 177
By devil6 on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I loved this car with all it's power. Had problems at the get go and had the tranny replaced under warranty at 40000. Muffler is expensive and have replaced 3 times in 10 years. Had power brakes disconnected 3 years ago when they malfuntioned on the highway and dealship couldn't figure out the problem. Catalytic is now gone and the powersteering has malfunctioned for the 5th time and it's off to the scrapeheap for this puppy. Got stolen once, attempted once more and broken into 2 more times in 4 years (I do not live in a bad area, either!)

Probes rule
By proberacer on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

This car is strait up awsome. the only proble i've noticed is it needs a little more low end torqe. But I've put custom exhaust, intake, and fuel system so my GT is absolutly untouchable on the street I've got 150,000 miles, and the cars got at least 150K togo. I would recommend the Ford Probe GT to anyone (GREAT CAR).

Probe
By rcf on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 11 years and put in 115500 miles on it and engine is still runs. Accellerates well and handling is above average. I'm still getting 26MPG. Only major problem I had was the brake calipers which was replaced under warantee. Overall, I'm satisfied with this car.

Great Car..
By haplo on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Probe GT 2dr Hatchback

i have had my 93 GT for about 4 years now. I have 180k miles on it and it still runs great. I didn't have to do much maintenance except scheduled ones, like tires, brakes, timing belt and water pump. Water pump was ok, but i changed it when i was changing the timing belt. All the electrical controls still work. Great design exterior and interior. It just looks cheap material inside. Engine is definitely satisfying. Despite those long 10 years and 180k miles on it. I have driven many new cars most of them performance cars, I have to say Probe has its place as a sporty car with the V6 and the manual.