1991 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Go Probe Go! now, that's a good car!
By robiross on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. A friend of mine owned it since new and that's a car you can count on. I just can't believe how devaluated it is. Too bad they don't make them anymore, 'cause I'd probably buy another (newer, of course)

By donhez on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This has been a great commuter car

Was an alright car
By Doonze on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

Was just ok, at 110000 miles now and am trading it monday before it dies a horrable death. I liked it at first but now it's just ho-hum. But all in all it's been a good car.

Probe LX
By Sant on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

The V6 LX 1991 was a good find. The depreciation of the value made it more worthwhile to look at. I don't think you can get a car at this price and the kind of performance it still offers. 18/20 MPG in city driving is quite economical. I had only some heating problem due to some radiator damage. Can't blame Ford for anything. Keep in mind though, the Automatic might not last beyond 130K. Factor in that cost and you are set for a 200 K V6 car that still looks great.

Probe
By Supra04 on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GT Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car is 11 years old and after about $800 for minor problems, it runs like new. The car is fun to drive and different from others in it's class. Even gets some ladies, no lie.

Great Mazda (er, Ford)
By hairrazer on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1991 for $11,200.00. It has has $2,000 in work. 1 The A/C converted to R-134 and the 5- Speed rebuilt @ 157,000mi. This car has always started and here in FL the A/C is ICE cold. Talk about your moneys worth. Get this, it never burns a drop of oil! My advice to ANYONE who will listen is CHANGE YOUR OIL every 3K no matter what. I can not stress this enough. You keep the heart going, the rest will follow!

Best Car I Ever Owned
By SPGT on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GT Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I've owned several cars over the years and no other car has been in the same league as my Probe. 100% reliability... never a problem. I wouldn't change a thing on it (except for the addition of a cupholder). Very fast and handles like a true sports car. I would recommend it to anyone. It's a shame they don't make them anymore.

great car
By ms on 03/06/02 08:18 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

This car has lasted for 11 years and still runs and looks great.