1991 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
1991 Ford Probe GL Review
By Chuck on 10/12/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Cute, fun and great handling. Good fuel economy. Sporty and very responsive. Overall a good car. I would buy another one.

The mighty Probe
By baldylocks1976 on 09/15/07 23:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car with 36,000 miles and owned it for 6 years. When I traded it in, it had 188,000 miles and was still kickin'. Had to replace the clutch, the ignition module, broken cable on driver's seatbelt, and repair a rusted out exhaust but other than that, the car never gave me any problems.

Great car
By jones on 08/13/07 06:36 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

When I bought this car, it had 111,000 mi. on it. Eight years later it's still going with over 205,000 mi. and no major repairs other than a timing belt and water pump. I would buy it again in a second.

Not worth it!
By mike on 06/27/07 22:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

2.2l auto-trans. I bought the car in 1994 w/ 47k miles. I preformed full tune-ups on the car every 12k miles and changed the oil every 3k miles, timing belt and everything else. Despite this, The Probe was a nightmare. I had to replace both front axles twice, the transmission went out at 75k, the a/c went-out at 85k. Every mechanic said it was an $800 or more fix. When the car hit 110k the engine became tired and the mileage went down to 22mpg on the highway. Finally, the clearcoat started to fade and chip. I traded it in for a Dodge in 2001.

Ford Probe review
By Sean Phillips on 09/22/05 00:29 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

This car is one of the BEST cars that I've ever driven; between the great acceleration, beautiful handling and rock solid body inside and out, I'm ashamed to say that I have to sell it.

Great Mazda (er, Ford)
By hairrazer on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1991 for $11,200.00. It has has $2,000 in work. 1 The A/C converted to R-134 and the 5- Speed rebuilt @ 157,000mi. This car has always started and here in FL the A/C is ICE cold. Talk about your moneys worth. Get this, it never burns a drop of oil! My advice to ANYONE who will listen is CHANGE YOUR OIL every 3K no matter what. I can not stress this enough. You keep the heart going, the rest will follow!

great car
By ms on 03/06/02 08:18 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Probe Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback

This car has lasted for 11 years and still runs and looks great.