Used 1990 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:

Class 1 Probe
By class_1_probe

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Hello, I have a 1990 Ford Probe GL. While it may not be the fastest car out there it has been very dependable despite having 226,000 miles on it. The engine has never been rebuilt and runs strong! I wish it had more power under the hood but it runs well and is in excellent condition. I have seen only two other Probes on the road like mine and they were rough! so I feel it is a rather unique car and I love the "TNG" styling. (Trek talk) :)

Suggested Improvements

"More power!"

Die Hard
By honestly29

1990 Ford Probe GT Turbo 2dr Hatchback

My Probe is one of the few that everyone wants its a 1990 GT It has 200,000 gets 32mpg and still looks brand new and I've been offered $5000 plus a vehicle for this car last year I love it and I have not seen another like it

Favorite Features

Love it's speed but lol I'm a girl so I bet I used it a top 10 times since I bought it in 1998, love the shape and when you barely give it a little gas how the front end fills like it is coming off the ground

Suggested Improvements

has 2 tiny tiny rust spots I'd liked fixed and a hole in the head liner

1990 Ford Probe LX
By Ron

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

I put 264,000 miles on car, It still ran great and got 25 mpg before the salt took its toll on the body. I spent less than a $800 in 19 years on mechanical repairs. under the hood the only problem was the radiator, it cracked at 70,000 miles. If you have a hard time with finding some parts, cross ref. it with mazda mx6. It was very reliable and easy to repair (the few time it was needed. (you must keep front tires balanced, saves on front wheel bearings)

Favorite Features

style still not dated, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

a little more pizazz to body.

Perfect pizza delivery or college car!
By sam

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I am the 3rd owner of this car. When I got it, it had 125,000 miles, now it has 153,437 miles. I just recently gave it a tune up. it was getting a little sluggish. Now it's running great again. I went on a 165 mile one way trip and only used 1/4 tank of gas! the AC has never been worked on, to my knowledge anyway, and it is just now starting to take longer to get cold and it's 2008 the car is almost 20 years old. It is fun to drive and if I could make it into a sedan that would be great. I plan on keeping this car until it dies, and can not be fixed. I'm a big guy, and it fits me well.

Favorite Features

The steering console, pop up head lights, handling, gas mileage, reliability and I don't like Ford! Perfect for pizza delivery, and great for a daily commuter.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps they should have made a sedan. Expensive to replace parts. Wish they still made the Probe.

The Probe LX "king of the cars, the gem"
By KING AZ

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

Well, I have a Probe L. I'm telling you this car it's my little gem. But overall, this car its super. I'm telling you. I love this car. It's fun to drive. I'm going to keep it 'til I die. Anyways you don't see LX anymore on the streets. And I like the way that I'm unique.

Favorite Features

The exterior, interior, the speed, the adrenaline you get when you drive it. Ever since i got it, I love to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing it need to improve its the speedometer. It only shows to 85 that's it.