1990 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Class 1 Probe
By class_1_probe on 08/18/12 18:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Hello, I have a 1990 Ford Probe GL. While it may not be the fastest car out there it has been very dependable despite having 226,000 miles on it. The engine has never been rebuilt and runs strong! I wish it had more power under the hood but it runs well and is in excellent condition. I have seen only two other Probes on the road like mine and they were rough! so I feel it is a rather unique car and I love the "TNG" styling. (Trek talk) :)

Die Hard
By honestly29 on 01/19/12 20:22 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GT Turbo 2dr Hatchback

My Probe is one of the few that everyone wants its a 1990 GT It has 200,000 gets 32mpg and still looks brand new and I've been offered $5000 plus a vehicle for this car last year I love it and I have not seen another like it

1990 Ford Probe LX
By Ron on 09/08/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

I put 264,000 miles on car, It still ran great and got 25 mpg before the salt took its toll on the body. I spent less than a $800 in 19 years on mechanical repairs. under the hood the only problem was the radiator, it cracked at 70,000 miles. If you have a hard time with finding some parts, cross ref. it with mazda mx6. It was very reliable and easy to repair (the few time it was needed. (you must keep front tires balanced, saves on front wheel bearings)

Perfect pizza delivery or college car!
By sam on 08/11/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I am the 3rd owner of this car. When I got it, it had 125,000 miles, now it has 153,437 miles. I just recently gave it a tune up. it was getting a little sluggish. Now it's running great again. I went on a 165 mile one way trip and only used 1/4 tank of gas! the AC has never been worked on, to my knowledge anyway, and it is just now starting to take longer to get cold and it's 2008 the car is almost 20 years old. It is fun to drive and if I could make it into a sedan that would be great. I plan on keeping this car until it dies, and can not be fixed. I'm a big guy, and it fits me well.

The Probe LX "king of the cars, the gem"
By KING AZ on 04/13/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

Well, I have a Probe L. I'm telling you this car it's my little gem. But overall, this car its super. I'm telling you. I love this car. It's fun to drive. I'm going to keep it 'til I die. Anyways you don't see LX anymore on the streets. And I like the way that I'm unique.

Awesome car
By Gene on 02/24/08 15:37 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

I am the original owner and absolutely I love this car. I have the Ford V6 engine & trans with 191,000 on it & the car is still going strong. I have never had any trouble with the engine & trans and this car has never stranded me. It's fun to drive and handles well.The car has it's original black paint and still shines like a new car. Well done Ford. I hope to keep it forever.

great car
By Tleah on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I call it my energizer bunny. Except for NY state rust it is doing very well. When bought a lot of money had to be put into it because of the winters and other non care of it but since then it has done wonders for me. I do not have a lot of money and I keep this car going on a shoestring budget. I would get another one.

Best Ford Small Passenger Ever Built
By spjm on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

242,000 mi. and this 3.0L 6 cyl. engine still has some punch left. I just bought a used '97 Probe GTS to replace my '90 because this truely is the best car Ford ever built. Why would any car company discontiue such a gem? I guess people would rather pay more money for Hondas or Toyotas (4 cyl... Puhlease!) that don't even come close to the speed or handling of the 2nd gen Probe V6.

Great used car
By Kindreth on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe LX 2dr Hatchback

After reading others' experiences I went ahead and bought my 90 with 147K on it, and have added another 9K. Replaced plugs, wires, dist cap/rotor, front brakes (cheap!). Timing belt blew, but I should have changed it; no valve damage. Amazingly reliable and inexpensive; previous owner and I both use Mobil 1 oil. Best car buy I'ceever made.

World's Greatest Vehicle
By Mr. Undisclosed on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! Super intensly awesome with no doubt aboot it!