2016 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great car horrible engine
By Jon

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible EcoBoost Premium 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car as a rental for 8 days. The ride is very smooth and supple. There is some cowl shake at times but it's mostly well controlled. With the top up road noise is muted from the tires but noise comes through the windows easily. The ecoboost 4 cylinder is no where near 5.9-6.1 in the convertible. Best time I got was 6.9 It lacks any authority in acceleration and is a very poor choice. The fuel ole age I got was 19.3 mpg My 5.7 Hemi manual challenger gets that. The seats are quite good as I have three bad discs and spinal stenosis and arthritis in my sacrum and these seats were a dream. The stereo system leaves a lot to be desired. My Boston acoustics in my challenger easily outperforms the shaker system. I rented this car to see if I want to buy it. I do but not this powertrain. Do I'm either left to v6 with no options allowed by fire or step up to the GT. This powertrain is a joke.

Our new pony car named Ruby
By Ann Harris

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Our first Mustang was a 2004 GT convertible 4.0 automatic. Sassy was a fun little car, not a lot of zip but a ton of fun and we cherished her for 12 years. Then we bought our new 2016 GT convertible with the California Special package. With Ruby, it was love at first sight. If she were human, she would sound like Mae West with that throaty growl. She handles and rides like a dream and that much horsepower should be illegal. We are a retired couple yet we feel like kids when we drive this car, just for the sheer fun factor. We love her and plan on keeping her in the family for a long time.

Not so Little Pony!
By Jay

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I just took possession of a new 2016 Ford Mustang GT Ruby Red Convertible! Yea! The mighty Coyote V8 thunders and rumbles even when sitting at idle. Everyone loves it! It just oozes power and performance. Its a trip! Punch it and runs! At stops people can hear the powerful engine and they look over often giving a big thumbs up. Cruising through town or just on the local boulevards the car catches eyes and ears. You just have to look and listen.

my best ride
By rb

Poor exterior workmanship
By mark haslett

2016 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a performance package GT convertible in January. The exterior body panels were not bonded correctly by the roller at the factory causing noticeable creases at the edges of the trunk, passenger door and hood. The car has been reviewed by the dealer and 2 body shops and all agree this is a factory defect. Problem is that FORD CORPORATE says it is NOT their problem. Dealer is working with me to correct the poor workmanship but I am concerned that after the trunk, door and hood panels are all reworked and repainted that the value of the car will be depreciated. FORD should just take this car back and give me the straight car I paid $44k for.