2015 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang Is A Disappointment!
By Bill

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I leased one of the first 2015 models of the Ford Mustang EcoBoost. For years I wanted a Mustang. Never had one, but I envied those who drove those 5.0 liter pony cars. When Ford redesigned the Mustang for 2015, I WANTED one..badly. I read the reviews about the EcoBoost and the journalists RAVED about the power and gas economy of this EcoBoost wonder. I figured who needs a V8? I went to my local dealer, traded in my car, and drove off with the new Mustang. The day after I took it off the lot, nearly everyone I came across was stunned with the design of this car. No doubt, back in late 2014, it was a stunner, even though it looked kind of like a Fusion. But shortly into driving it, I felt it was lacking. The EcoBoost drove and had power like a Ford Fiesta I once rented. It felt like it completely lacked the 310 horses Ford advertised. The EcoBoost buzzed like my 2008 Altima's CVT. Loud, obnoxious, boring. The more I drove, I discovered that the brakes were already squealing as if they were worn. The radio would not pick up very powerful local stations without static. In the cold winter months, the interior window panes and the middle of the dashboard rattled constantly. The passenger side door did not match flush with the back fender. And now I've been told that the timing cover has sprung a leak and requires a major repair by Ford. I test drove a Honda Accord Coupe V6 and the new Chevy Camaro V6. Both cars were so much more refined in interior quality and how they drove. I did not like the Camaro (felt like sitting in a black tub without windows) and the Accord was a little squirrelly on the freeway. But they were miles above the Mustang. I wanted a Mustang so badly, but I cannot wait to get out of it.

most expensive scrap metal
By pete zorria

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Paint not covered by warranty. Homelink does not work Windows do not open. Remote start does not work track apps do not work climate control does not work Has only 400 miles on it and loses $10,000 in value after one month of ownership. terrible piece of junk.

Just a Great Car!
By Dave Roberts

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great practical sports car. I have always loved cars and I have owned many. This new Mustang isn't the fastest car I have owned, but to me it is very quick, agile and very comfortable. The car handles very well and feels very solid and planted cornering and traveling across those ruff country railroad crossings we have here in the South. On a country lane road trip last weekend my best average fuel mileage was 34mpg. It is still at 28.8mpg after driving all week in the city. For me, the fully adjustable and comfortable interior as well as the great handling and good fuel mileage stand out as my favorite characteristics of this car. I do agree with some of the other comments that the climate/entertainment controls/menus can be a bit complicated while driving. However after driving it a little over 9000 miles I have gotten used to the buttons and touchscreen layout. I actually think it adds a lot of styling personality to the car at a little expense of convenience. Its just the wife and I so our Mustang has plenty of room for us. We both realy enjoy owning driving our little orange Mustang!

Vibrating Mustang
By Bill

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Major problem with drive line vibration on the new Mustang..Google it!!!I have a 2015 base Mustang v-6 and it vibrates between 50 and 70. New drive shaft and still a little vibration. Ford knows of this problem and they still have not issued a T S B. Would not buy with out a careful test drive between 50 and 70.

V6 With Automatic
By Mike V.

2015 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2015 V6 and automatic. I wouldn't advise this combination if you want performance. Not that the V6 doesn't have enough power. It's just that the automatic can't apply it properly. Shifting from reverse to drive demonstrates a significant lag before power is applied. There is also a "turbo" lag other times when accelerating. This is my first Ford. I never had this issue with Pontiacs.