2015 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Lovin' the car!
By screamin8

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car was an unexpected replacement after my daily driver got totalled. I couldn't wait for an order so some compromises yet some pleasant surprises. I live in Ottawa Canada, and we get a full on Winter so I immediately dumped the Pirelli all seasons and put on Michellin X-ICE 3 winters. Combined with the snow setting on the traction control (which really works) this is an amazing winter driver. While many slag the car for it's weight it really helps with traction on snow and Ice. I got second 20" rims for summer with meaty Michellin Pilot Super Sports, helping to make up for no performance pack. Not to mention improving the visuals over factory. Standard brakes are outstanding.

Favorite Features

Power is prodigious, linear and satisfying. . This V8 is a beautiful engine.. I had fogotten the joys of V8 driving, not to mention that for a winter driver (4 months), the engine heats up fast and pumps copious amounts of hot air into the cabin in short order. No four banger can equal the hot air comfort. I was initially iffy on the looks when I saw the artist renderings and early photos. But pictures don't do the car justice in my view. Be prepared for LOTS of attention and compliments The interior is very comfortable and nicely put together and I can honestly say I feel happiest when I'm behind the wheel. The stock seats in the Premium are very comfortable and well bolstered.

Suggested Improvements

My only quibble with the car is that given it's size, front storage is a bit miserly. A couple of extra storage compartments would be helpful. A comment on the back seats. Tight, yes. But their presence allows for a place to toss things not to mention with the fold down seats the car can haul some big things. I'm quite happy with them the way they are. If I wanted to haul people in the back I wouldn't have bought Mustang.

Extremely satisfied with EcoBoost Premium (A/T)
By mojo_mike

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm thrilled with the EcoStang. Nice power / torque as delivered. Have tuned the Mustang with the Cobb Accessport, and it's now even more fun. The car rides / drives great for this segment. Shopped the Mustang vs. the Camaro and Challenger. The Mustang BY FAR gives you the most car for your $$$. Have heard lots of complaints about the noise the turbo makes. As delivered, its not great and could be improved upon. I know that in-line turbo 4s can be tuned to sound like something special. Highway cruising nets me an honest 33mpg, and 27 combined. Like having the variable drive modes as well as variable steering. Let's you customize the car's behavior to your mood.

Favorite Features

EcoBoost power / torque. Drive modes. Throttle response / lack of turbo lag. Remote start. Heated / cooled (not just ventilated) seats. Exterior styling. Interior styling. MPG - averaging 27mpg combined. Surprisingly large, practical trunk. Instrumentation.

Suggested Improvements

Use struts for hood instead of prop rod. Fix hood "flutter" at elevated speeds. Make front and rear parking sonar standard. Fewer hard plastics in the interior (doors in particular). AUTO mode in the HVAC system feels inconsistent. Use 4-way (vs 2-way) lumbar adjuster. A more modern automatic transmission (something like the ZF 8-speed automatic). Make shifting with paddles more responsive. Apple CarPlay. Improve the aural experience (study the Ford Focus ST and Fiat Abarth). More accurate fuel computer (it's about 6% optimistic).

Worth Waiting For
By tabill

2015 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered the 2015 Mustang in Sept. 2014 and received delivery on Nov. 2014. The push button start button is rad! Figured out right away you had to push in the clutch to start the car. If you have read other reviews, you get a lot of looks and thumbs up when you drive the car around. This car just wants to keep accelerating....what a kick! 435 ponies do not disappoint.

Favorite Features

Love driving the manual shift. I haven't had a car with a stick shift since 2006. All the gauges make you feel that everything is under control. 19" black wheels are striking. The sequential turning taillights are a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

How do you improve on perfect?!!

New Mustang Delivered without Tonneau Covers
By ozzy42

2015 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my new Mustang Convertible almost three months. It was delivered without the protective Tonneau Covers which fit over the large holes in the frame when the convertible top is in the low position. Calls and emails to the dealer asking about this important OEM part, which protecets the convertible assembly from weather elements and debris while the top is down, have gone unanswered. The dealer doesn't have a clue when they will be available and delivered. How could Ford deliver a brand new car with missing OEM parts? Calls to Ford Consumer Marketing also do not get any help. They simply say they are aware of the problem.

Suggested Improvements

Deliver the new car from the factory with all its parts.

The Pony
By James McGale

2015 Ford Mustang GT 50 Years Limited Edition 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Took me forever, but this Mustang finally grew on me and I picked mine up in February. Unfortunately, I live in Niagara and the snow had ruined my chances of bringing it out in early February, but now that I have been able to drive it throughout March... Wow! Am I impressed. Great looking car with amazing acceleration and overall performance, constantly finding reasons to get out and drive it. Love the interior design and feel of the seats, nice touch of the 50 years pony logos on the seats. Wanted the convertible, but the prices were getting too high for me. I am not going to comment on the mpg statistics because I know what I am getting into with a pony V8. Overall, satisfied buyer.

Favorite Features

5.0 Coyote is great, well refined, awesome power. Love the interior design and space, fits a guy like me comfortably. (I am 6'4) Love the track apps and line lock, some fun apps to fool around with... can't seem to stop using the line lock feature and doing unnecessary burnouts everywhere...

Suggested Improvements

Wish I had the backseat of the challenger to be honest, but again I knew what I was getting into. I have to agree with a couple other people that the touch controls for the A/C & heating are a bit of a nuisance, in fact, the entire touch screen can be a bit of a complicated mess which can be distracting while driving.