Stock doesn't get any better
By dkurtz42 on
2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
I made the mistake of test driving the GT after owning an older V6 mustang. Night and day difference in terms of performance. Without trying you can get your pulse up in just a sec. Not just a straight line car though. Very tight and handles great through the turns. Wasn't looking for the premium package, but the refinement was quite nice. Very comfortable leather seats and nice materials throughout. Gave what I thought was a long shot offer to the dealer and they accepted without even countering. Very pleased with several thousand off MSRP with one of the first 2014s out of the factory. Great fun to drive, plus I can still get around 25 mpg on the highway. Looking forward to driving more.
Favorite Features
Obviously, the 5.0 and everything about it. Performance, sound. There may not be a better value vs. performance engine out right now. I really like the leather seats. Soft, supple and supportive. The pony light on side view mirrors is something everyone likes to see. The ambient lighting inside is also very attractive. Feels pretty refined for a car with such raw power. The 6 speed transmission throws are short, which is excellent, but a little notchy. Great stock shaker sound system. The display menu and all it's features is a lot of fun to play with while driving. Easy to use and well placed. Great driving position for me at 6'1" and 200 lbs. Very comfortable seats. Acceleration is great.
Suggested Improvements
The seat belt mechanism is going to break. Neat idea, but poor quality material. The height of the cup holder interferes with shifting. Being slightly recessed would be perfect. I'm a little bit techy and I still find the controls for the Sync a little confusing. Probably won't use it much actually. I know a lot of people love it, but I'm not a fan. Getting anything in and out of the back seat is a rough process with the electronic seats. Slow and have to find driving position every time. Clutch is a little bit notchy to me. If I'm not really paying attention I will miss gears. Can't just slam through gears effortlessly. Placement of iPod and USB for me is not convenient.