2014 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - '14 GT, no options

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

2014 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

'14 GT, no options
By bobby_mack on

2014 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After taking my time and driving all manner of "budget" performance cars, I've purchased a brand new '14 GT, $0 in options. No auto trans, no apps, no nothing. V8 with 3 pedals. Bluetooth would've been nice, but not for $1500. You can do better for way less. Cloth seats are great, sound is decent from stock radio. Stock radio reads data MP3 CDs, so if you're thinking of going stock radio don't be deterred because it lacks the USB input. Standard HID headlights and LED tail lights are awesome. The car handles bumps and turns well with stock suspension. If you need a 4 seat car, forget this. [non-permissible content removed].

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission are sublime. I've owned the first iteration of this car ('06 GT) a few years back, and I can say without a doubt that everything that could be improved has been improved. Interior is upmarket from the first S197s, as is just about everything else down to the key. I didn't think that the steering feel adjustment would be that interesting, but after fooling with it I can say that I'm a fan. The comfort setting makes the wheel feel like an '80's Cadillac. The 6 speed and clutch are much more refined in this car compared to the earlier ('05-'09) versions. This is my commuter car, and I'm perfectly fine with having a manual as my daily driver.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger seat could ride a bit higher. Shorter passengers have complained that they cannot see over the dash; the passenger seat doesn't adjust upwards. A telescoping steering wheel would be great. Automatic windshield wipers are another thing that could sweeten the deal. Overall, I'd say that my base car checks all of the boxes for a daily driver muscle car that can pull bonus track duty. It's fun, attractive, and it looks great. If you are considering buying one, go drive it and see what you think. I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised.