2014 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car!
By mp3aa on 12/30/14 14:22 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first Mustang was a 1984 GT. Wow, they sure have come a long way in 30 years. My '84 had 200-225 HP and a carburetor. This has a 6 cyl. automatic and 305 HP! While this won't rule the drag strip, it has plenty of power. Interior is equipped nicely and is very comfortable for my 5' 11" frame. SYNC is handy, radio sounds nice, auto up and down windows are cool. Reaching behind me for the seat belt would be my only complaint. Leather wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. Switching from comfort, standard and sport steering is a nice touch. Sport gives you a great feel for the road. The optional thumb shifter for sport I find unnecessary, but time will tell.

2014 Black on Black
By hazard1 on 12/11/14 18:25 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my favorite Ford car yet. I got a great deal on it and used the savings to add fog lights, black wheels, and quarter-window louvers. Even with the V6 and 2.73 rear end, the acceleration is unbelievable. It is not real fast until it hits high rpm's, so off the line it is not winning any races, but soon afterwards it will throw you back in your seat. The select shift is useless unless you shift at higher rpm's. In the low rpm range (under 2000), it will say you shifted on the dash, but it is lying. I love the layout of everything, especially the dash. The overall interior and exterior are beautiful, even in the base trim. As for mpg's, I averaged 29.8 in the first 6 months.

Not bad
By crow_5 on 11/27/14 01:06 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 2014 mustang it's my first brand new car as I'm only 17. I love it. It drives well and handles great. Not to amazed by the interior. Looks cheap. Also had a squealing noise in the the transmission well I think that's where it's coming from. It gets louder in reverse and drive. But over all I love the car. Not to happy about the stock wheels Ford hands out the car. I know it's a base v6 but cmon it's a mustang. I'm purchasing new wheels for it soon anyway. It's an automatic, there was no choice for automatc v6.

2014 Mustang GT/CS
By sporttracz on 07/31/14 04:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got a new 2014 Mustang GT/CS with the 6-speed manual transmission. The power of this car is amazing. I got the navigation package with the heated mirrors and pony lamps on it. If I keep my foot out of it, the gas mileage is not bad. I have been getting 23-24 in mixed driving and 25.5 when not having to run the AC. The car rides much better than expected. Driving it 4 hours for a trip to the beach was every bit as comfortable as riding in my wife's Honda Accord. I like the retro look of the 2014 better than the more modern look of the new 2015. Ford did a great job in the design of the 2014.

I am in love....
By hunter608 on 07/10/14 20:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the '14 base model Mustang. 0$ in extra features, but I say base model loosely. Base model includes a very good sound system, HID headlights, LED tail lights, electronically selectable steering feel (sport, standard, and comfort), electric everything except for the seats, side air bags, and I'm sure a ton else I cant think of right now. Additionally, this is the most fun car I have ever owned. Despite the V-6 it has 305 horse power stock and rockets off the line. Handling is significantly better than I expected, freeway on/off ramps are so much fun in my Mustang! Out the door I paid $18,100 before tax and license, sticker was $23,500.

420 HP is Awesome
By roadman03 on 06/15/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just upgraded my '03 GT to the 2014 GT. What a difference. The HP and ride is amazing. Bought one fully loaded with 6-speed, Nav, leather, & GT track pack. I have loved Mustangs since my 1965 in high school. I'm now 58 and like this one the best. Smile on your face every time you get in. Ford has really outdone themselves at this price range. $3000 rebates help. Not a fan of the '15 yet that is why I grabbed this one. Sterling Gray color with black leather.

Absolutely Love It!
By eatdrums on 02/23/14 01:46 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My last 'Stang was a '96 GT. My V-6 is faster, and more fun to drive than that car was, though I loved it as well. Acceleration is excellent. More than enough to get me into or out of trouble. I took it on a mountain road, and it cornered great great. Always predictable. IRS will be nice, but I went fast enough to have some fun. I'm not Jeff Gordon. If you're looking for a fun to drive dependable car with plenty of power, and allot of looks, and comments, you'll love this car! Ya, the GT hauled, but I'm getting 29-33 MPG with my V-6. How fast do I need to go? Back seats are ok for 5'9, and under. Don't like Ford's Sync, but it was hardly a deal breaker. I love this car!!

Fun Car
By fl_surfer on 01/06/14 09:50 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a "fun" car in 30 years due to family & company car requirements. My 2014 basic 6cyl manual is a totally fun "toy". I use the Mustang for daily cummute & weekend erands. The car gets an amazing 25.5MPG & the attention the Mustang gets at the gas station is surprising. The 6 speed manual is more fun the longer you own the car.

V6 Auto base model
By hawkeye22 on 11/13/13 17:28 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

One reviewer said he was looking at Ford because they didn't take government money. I admit that was a consideration for me. I went looking for a Fusion but found they were pricey. I will have to drive the mini van in the snow but that's a necessary compromise in the Midwest. I have 1500 miles on my Mustang now, I'm getting 23 mpg so far (the same as my 08 Grand Prix) and this car makes me smile every time I look at it. You can modify a 'stang but I think mine looks great as is. I'm glad I didn't get a boring car. Bucket List! PS-I do have the auto tran but that wasn't an option for the review. Cost-under 22K. I get the feeling you can get an even better deal if you bargain better than me.

'14 GT, no options
By bobby_mack on 10/31/13 20:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After taking my time and driving all manner of "budget" performance cars, I've purchased a brand new '14 GT, $0 in options. No auto trans, no apps, no nothing. V8 with 3 pedals. Bluetooth would've been nice, but not for $1500. You can do better for way less. Cloth seats are great, sound is decent from stock radio. Stock radio reads data MP3 CDs, so if you're thinking of going stock radio don't be deterred because it lacks the USB input. Standard HID headlights and LED tail lights are awesome. The car handles bumps and turns well with stock suspension. If you need a 4 seat car, forget this. [non-permissible content removed].