2014 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Friends don't let Friends buy a Ford
By trebmann on 09/17/14 19:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a new Mustang and already back for repairs. Needs New lower control arms and bushings. Noises coming from drive tran. Missing pieces that were left off. Costly junk..I ll never buy Ford again.. Corporate office of Ford is rude and could care less if they made junk. Local dealer not much better.

2014 Mustang GT/CS
By sporttracz on 07/31/14 04:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got a new 2014 Mustang GT/CS with the 6-speed manual transmission. The power of this car is amazing. I got the navigation package with the heated mirrors and pony lamps on it. If I keep my foot out of it, the gas mileage is not bad. I have been getting 23-24 in mixed driving and 25.5 when not having to run the AC. The car rides much better than expected. Driving it 4 hours for a trip to the beach was every bit as comfortable as riding in my wife's Honda Accord. I like the retro look of the 2014 better than the more modern look of the new 2015. Ford did a great job in the design of the 2014.

I am in love....
By hunter608 on 07/10/14 20:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the '14 base model Mustang. 0$ in extra features, but I say base model loosely. Base model includes a very good sound system, HID headlights, LED tail lights, electronically selectable steering feel (sport, standard, and comfort), electric everything except for the seats, side air bags, and I'm sure a ton else I cant think of right now. Additionally, this is the most fun car I have ever owned. Despite the V-6 it has 305 horse power stock and rockets off the line. Handling is significantly better than I expected, freeway on/off ramps are so much fun in my Mustang! Out the door I paid $18,100 before tax and license, sticker was $23,500.

420 HP is Awesome
By roadman03 on 06/15/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just upgraded my '03 GT to the 2014 GT. What a difference. The HP and ride is amazing. Bought one fully loaded with 6-speed, Nav, leather, & GT track pack. I have loved Mustangs since my 1965 in high school. I'm now 58 and like this one the best. Smile on your face every time you get in. Ford has really outdone themselves at this price range. $3000 rebates help. Not a fan of the '15 yet that is why I grabbed this one. Sterling Gray color with black leather.

Absolutely Love It!
By eatdrums on 02/23/14 01:46 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My last 'Stang was a '96 GT. My V-6 is faster, and more fun to drive than that car was, though I loved it as well. Acceleration is excellent. More than enough to get me into or out of trouble. I took it on a mountain road, and it cornered great great. Always predictable. IRS will be nice, but I went fast enough to have some fun. I'm not Jeff Gordon. If you're looking for a fun to drive dependable car with plenty of power, and allot of looks, and comments, you'll love this car! Ya, the GT hauled, but I'm getting 29-33 MPG with my V-6. How fast do I need to go? Back seats are ok for 5'9, and under. Don't like Ford's Sync, but it was hardly a deal breaker. I love this car!!

Fun Car
By fl_surfer on 01/06/14 09:50 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't had a "fun" car in 30 years due to family & company car requirements. My 2014 basic 6cyl manual is a totally fun "toy". I use the Mustang for daily cummute & weekend erands. The car gets an amazing 25.5MPG & the attention the Mustang gets at the gas station is surprising. The 6 speed manual is more fun the longer you own the car.

V6 Auto base model
By hawkeye22 on 11/13/13 17:28 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

One reviewer said he was looking at Ford because they didn't take government money. I admit that was a consideration for me. I went looking for a Fusion but found they were pricey. I will have to drive the mini van in the snow but that's a necessary compromise in the Midwest. I have 1500 miles on my Mustang now, I'm getting 23 mpg so far (the same as my 08 Grand Prix) and this car makes me smile every time I look at it. You can modify a 'stang but I think mine looks great as is. I'm glad I didn't get a boring car. Bucket List! PS-I do have the auto tran but that wasn't an option for the review. Cost-under 22K. I get the feeling you can get an even better deal if you bargain better than me.

'14 GT, no options
By bobby_mack on 10/31/13 20:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After taking my time and driving all manner of "budget" performance cars, I've purchased a brand new '14 GT, $0 in options. No auto trans, no apps, no nothing. V8 with 3 pedals. Bluetooth would've been nice, but not for $1500. You can do better for way less. Cloth seats are great, sound is decent from stock radio. Stock radio reads data MP3 CDs, so if you're thinking of going stock radio don't be deterred because it lacks the USB input. Standard HID headlights and LED tail lights are awesome. The car handles bumps and turns well with stock suspension. If you need a 4 seat car, forget this. [non-permissible content removed].

wow
By tommyp4 on 08/24/13 22:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted something fun to drive without pretentiousness just good old fashion American muscle. Initially picked Ford because they didn't take the government handout and glad I did. This mustang GT with the trackpack and reverse sensors in race red color is simply outstanding. If I drive it the consciences way to maximize mileage I can achieve the advertised mpg....but with this fantastic motor I just can't resist the power, exhaust note and the fun. Sure the interior is just so-so and the radio it's mediocre but the exterior styling and powertrain are awesome. Thank you Ford.

Stock doesn't get any better
By dkurtz42 on 04/03/13 04:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I made the mistake of test driving the GT after owning an older V6 mustang. Night and day difference in terms of performance. Without trying you can get your pulse up in just a sec. Not just a straight line car though. Very tight and handles great through the turns. Wasn't looking for the premium package, but the refinement was quite nice. Very comfortable leather seats and nice materials throughout. Gave what I thought was a long shot offer to the dealer and they accepted without even countering. Very pleased with several thousand off MSRP with one of the first 2014s out of the factory. Great fun to drive, plus I can still get around 25 mpg on the highway. Looking forward to driving more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$187 per month*