Used 2014 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Awesome Muscle Car!
By Chris Conner

'14 GT, no options
By bobby_mack

2014 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After taking my time and driving all manner of "budget" performance cars, I've purchased a brand new '14 GT, $0 in options. No auto trans, no apps, no nothing. V8 with 3 pedals. Bluetooth would've been nice, but not for $1500. You can do better for way less. Cloth seats are great, sound is decent from stock radio. Stock radio reads data MP3 CDs, so if you're thinking of going stock radio don't be deterred because it lacks the USB input. Standard HID headlights and LED tail lights are awesome. The car handles bumps and turns well with stock suspension. If you need a 4 seat car, forget this. [non-permissible content removed].

Engine and transmission are sublime. I've owned the first iteration of this car ('06 GT) a few years back, and I can say without a doubt that everything that could be improved has been improved. Interior is upmarket from the first S197s, as is just about everything else down to the key. I didn't think that the steering feel adjustment would be that interesting, but after fooling with it I can say that I'm a fan. The comfort setting makes the wheel feel like an '80's Cadillac. The 6 speed and clutch are much more refined in this car compared to the earlier ('05-'09) versions. This is my commuter car, and I'm perfectly fine with having a manual as my daily driver.

The passenger seat could ride a bit higher. Shorter passengers have complained that they cannot see over the dash; the passenger seat doesn't adjust upwards. A telescoping steering wheel would be great. Automatic windshield wipers are another thing that could sweeten the deal. Overall, I'd say that my base car checks all of the boxes for a daily driver muscle car that can pull bonus track duty. It's fun, attractive, and it looks great. If you are considering buying one, go drive it and see what you think. I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised.

wow
By tommyp4

2014 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Wanted something fun to drive without pretentiousness just good old fashion American muscle. Initially picked Ford because they didn't take the government handout and glad I did. This mustang BOSS 302 in race red color is simply outstanding. If I drive it the consciences way to maximize mileage I can achieve the advertised mpg....but with this fantastic motor I just can't resist the power, exhaust note and the fun. Sure the interior is just so-so and the radio it's mediocre but the exterior styling and powertrain are awesome. Thank you Ford.