2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

gotta have it green retirement dream car
By Timothy Burkholder

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a mustang lover since I owned a 69 mach1 when I was 17. I was looking for a perfect vehicle for my retirement, and so I bought a 2014 mustang with the 3.7L v6 and am so happy with it. It gives me the performance when I need it and the fuel economy when I don't. I am getting an average of 26 mpg to and from work. I get so many people looking at my car with the "gotta have it green". I know they are green with envy. Keep up the great work Ford.

My "Gotta Have It Green" Dream
By Magicsky@hotmail.com

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a Mustang fan, and this 2014 model is as close to perfect for me as I could get. I purchased this convertible with 32,000 miles on it and have since put about 20,000 miles on it. It is very difficult for me to let it stand still in the garage. I love driving this car so much. I have driven a pick up, an economy car, luxury car and German sports car, and the Mustang is the best road handling of the bunch. The acceleration is incredible, the braking is strong, and the fuel economy averages about 23-24 in town. Driving with the top down brings you much closer to nature especially living in a place like Central Florida. It can get super hot outside, but it is difficult or me to not want to put the top down. This car definitely draws the looks of passers by and the admiration of others who have not realized their dream of Mustang ownership. So far, I have not had any mechanical issues to attend to. I purchased a Ford Factory Extended Warranty and so far it has gone unused.

Dream Car
By dman36

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned and driven a lot of cars over the years but this is " the one".

The ride and the way it drives.

None.

My dream car!
By parichino

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my eye on Mustangs for years and now finally bought my dream car, and not disappointed. It exceeds every expectation. LOVE THIS CAR! It's got enough umph but also enough gas mileage (averaging 24). Just the right balance. Best thing about this car is that it's super good-looking and just downright FUN FUN FUN to drive! You can't go wrong. It's not perfect in every way but still head-over-heals in love with this car! Oh, and did I mention that I love this car?

Brushed-aluminum and stitched black leather combo in the interior on the premium. Mine has the comfort package with heated seats (a little weak - you feel a small bit of heat after a few minutes), and - this is the most cool and most useless thing - the pony light side mirrors. They project the pony logo on the ground (visible at night). My kids love it. Makes me smile. Some might think it's silly, but, it's just cool-factor! Like the handling, the info screen between the gauges, lots of little touches.

There are several very small things I would improve. But each of these is like complaining that your brilliant super-model rich girlfriend has a freckle on her toe. The cruise control master switch doesn't stay on after you stop/re-start the car. The SYNC system isn't the best. Example: if you were playing via bluetooth from your phone, it doesn't remember you were doing that next time you start the car. You have to either use the voice command "Bluetooth Audio", or dig through a convoluted series of menus on the dash. Why can't it just stay in the mode you were in when you last turned off the car? Seems like a simple thing... The Sync Lady thing never gets anything right.

Great Car!
By mp3aa

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first Mustang was a 1984 GT. Wow, they sure have come a long way in 30 years. My '84 had 200-225 HP and a carburetor. This has a 6 cyl. automatic and 305 HP! While this won't rule the drag strip, it has plenty of power. Interior is equipped nicely and is very comfortable for my 5' 11" frame. SYNC is handy, radio sounds nice, auto up and down windows are cool. Reaching behind me for the seat belt would be my only complaint. Leather wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. Switching from comfort, standard and sport steering is a nice touch. Sport gives you a great feel for the road. The optional thumb shifter for sport I find unnecessary, but time will tell.

Car rolls effortlessly. HID headlamps really light up the road. LED lighting is killer. Auto-dimming rear view mirror. Fold down rear seats. Auto headlamps. Side view mirrors with the additional fish-eye mirrors on them give you greater view. No blind spots. 4 wheel disc brakes.

Increase rear seat leg room somehow. Larger glove box. Should come standard with alarm.