2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My dream car!
By parichino

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my eye on Mustangs for years and now finally bought my dream car, and not disappointed. It exceeds every expectation. LOVE THIS CAR! It's got enough umph but also enough gas mileage (averaging 24). Just the right balance. Best thing about this car is that it's super good-looking and just downright FUN FUN FUN to drive! You can't go wrong. It's not perfect in every way but still head-over-heals in love with this car! Oh, and did I mention that I love this car?

Favorite Features

Brushed-aluminum and stitched black leather combo in the interior on the premium. Mine has the comfort package with heated seats (a little weak - you feel a small bit of heat after a few minutes), and - this is the most cool and most useless thing - the pony light side mirrors. They project the pony logo on the ground (visible at night). My kids love it. Makes me smile. Some might think it's silly, but, it's just cool-factor! Like the handling, the info screen between the gauges, lots of little touches.

Suggested Improvements

There are several very small things I would improve. But each of these is like complaining that your brilliant super-model rich girlfriend has a freckle on her toe. The cruise control master switch doesn't stay on after you stop/re-start the car. The SYNC system isn't the best. Example: if you were playing via bluetooth from your phone, it doesn't remember you were doing that next time you start the car. You have to either use the voice command "Bluetooth Audio", or dig through a convoluted series of menus on the dash. Why can't it just stay in the mode you were in when you last turned off the car? Seems like a simple thing... The Sync Lady thing never gets anything right.

Great Car!
By mp3aa

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first Mustang was a 1984 GT. Wow, they sure have come a long way in 30 years. My '84 had 200-225 HP and a carburetor. This has a 6 cyl. automatic and 305 HP! While this won't rule the drag strip, it has plenty of power. Interior is equipped nicely and is very comfortable for my 5' 11" frame. SYNC is handy, radio sounds nice, auto up and down windows are cool. Reaching behind me for the seat belt would be my only complaint. Leather wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. Switching from comfort, standard and sport steering is a nice touch. Sport gives you a great feel for the road. The optional thumb shifter for sport I find unnecessary, but time will tell.

Favorite Features

Car rolls effortlessly. HID headlamps really light up the road. LED lighting is killer. Auto-dimming rear view mirror. Fold down rear seats. Auto headlamps. Side view mirrors with the additional fish-eye mirrors on them give you greater view. No blind spots. 4 wheel disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Increase rear seat leg room somehow. Larger glove box. Should come standard with alarm.

Great Fun Car!
By opensky1

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a white convertible, medium stone interior since I live at a warm beach. I work in Alaska, so I want all the fresh air and sunshine I can get when home. This car fills the bill. I am also close to retirement, so plan on traveling in this a lot. Road trips are minimal in Alaska. Great on highway so far, and good mileage. I test drove a 2015 GT recently, and while it is better in most ways not sure if it still justifies price difference. I can buy a lot of gas and hotel rooms. I like the 2013 and 2014 tail lights MUCH better than the 2015 or anything else. Lots of fun for the money with a 2014.

Favorite Features

Tail lights are a major sell for me as nothing else comes close for cool. Plenty of power and great mileage to boot. Top down motoring means I hear birds singing, smells and other experiences most folks lose by isolating in A/C. This is my fifth convertible and so far, the most satisfying and smile producing. My girlfriend loves it and it gets attention everywhere. Not sure what I would gain in anything else for just one or two people. BTW I also have a Lincoln Town Car if I need more room or practical vs. fun, but it stays parked mostly.

Suggested Improvements

Standard back up camera and rear sensors. More space for keys, cell phones, etc. Windscreen. Single top latch (like the 2015). BLIS and lane departure for extras, but not necessary. Most changes addressed in 2015 model.

2014 Black on Black
By hazard1

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my favorite Ford car yet. I got a great deal on it and used the savings to add fog lights, black wheels, and quarter-window louvers. Even with the V6 and 2.73 rear end, the acceleration is unbelievable. It is not real fast until it hits high rpm's, so off the line it is not winning any races, but soon afterwards it will throw you back in your seat. The select shift is useless unless you shift at higher rpm's. In the low rpm range (under 2000), it will say you shifted on the dash, but it is lying. I love the layout of everything, especially the dash. The overall interior and exterior are beautiful, even in the base trim. As for mpg's, I averaged 29.8 in the first 6 months.

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage (29.8 average, mostly highway), awesome looks inside and out, great acceleration (in sport mode), plenty of room in the front (I am 6'4" and have room to spare), great traction, spectacular HID headlights, and a great price.

Suggested Improvements

Even with the traction control and stability control off, the car will not spin out. The computer is programmed to not allow burnouts. That saves me money but is a bit disappointing. Additionally, the select shift does not override the computer's shift points in low rpm's. Also, one must close the trunk rather hard for it to latch.

Not bad
By crow_5

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 2014 mustang it's my first brand new car as I'm only 17. I love it. It drives well and handles great. Not to amazed by the interior. Looks cheap. Also had a squealing noise in the the transmission well I think that's where it's coming from. It gets louder in reverse and drive. But over all I love the car. Not to happy about the stock wheels Ford hands out the car. I know it's a base v6 but cmon it's a mustang. I'm purchasing new wheels for it soon anyway. It's an automatic, there was no choice for automatc v6.

Favorite Features

The sequential tailights and the day time running lights. I love my sync as well.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. Better stock wheels.