2014 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car!
By mp3aa on 12/30/14 14:22 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My first Mustang was a 1984 GT. Wow, they sure have come a long way in 30 years. My '84 had 200-225 HP and a carburetor. This has a 6 cyl. automatic and 305 HP! While this won't rule the drag strip, it has plenty of power. Interior is equipped nicely and is very comfortable for my 5' 11" frame. SYNC is handy, radio sounds nice, auto up and down windows are cool. Reaching behind me for the seat belt would be my only complaint. Leather wrapped steering wheel is very comfortable. Switching from comfort, standard and sport steering is a nice touch. Sport gives you a great feel for the road. The optional thumb shifter for sport I find unnecessary, but time will tell.

Great Fun Car!
By opensky1 on 12/17/14 17:00 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a white convertible, medium stone interior since I live at a warm beach. I work in Alaska, so I want all the fresh air and sunshine I can get when home. This car fills the bill. I am also close to retirement, so plan on traveling in this a lot. Road trips are minimal in Alaska. Great on highway so far, and good mileage. I test drove a 2015 GT recently, and while it is better in most ways not sure if it still justifies price difference. I can buy a lot of gas and hotel rooms. I like the 2013 and 2014 tail lights MUCH better than the 2015 or anything else. Lots of fun for the money with a 2014.

2014 Black on Black
By hazard1 on 12/11/14 18:25 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my favorite Ford car yet. I got a great deal on it and used the savings to add fog lights, black wheels, and quarter-window louvers. Even with the V6 and 2.73 rear end, the acceleration is unbelievable. It is not real fast until it hits high rpm's, so off the line it is not winning any races, but soon afterwards it will throw you back in your seat. The select shift is useless unless you shift at higher rpm's. In the low rpm range (under 2000), it will say you shifted on the dash, but it is lying. I love the layout of everything, especially the dash. The overall interior and exterior are beautiful, even in the base trim. As for mpg's, I averaged 29.8 in the first 6 months.

Not bad
By crow_5 on 11/27/14 01:06 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just got a 2014 mustang it's my first brand new car as I'm only 17. I love it. It drives well and handles great. Not to amazed by the interior. Looks cheap. Also had a squealing noise in the the transmission well I think that's where it's coming from. It gets louder in reverse and drive. But over all I love the car. Not to happy about the stock wheels Ford hands out the car. I know it's a base v6 but cmon it's a mustang. I'm purchasing new wheels for it soon anyway. It's an automatic, there was no choice for automatc v6.

Friends don't let Friends buy a Ford
By trebmann on 09/17/14 19:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased a new Mustang and already back for repairs. Needs New lower control arms and bushings. Noises coming from drive tran. Missing pieces that were left off. Costly junk..I ll never buy Ford again.. Corporate office of Ford is rude and could care less if they made junk. Local dealer not much better.

Happy Wife...
By rossr on 08/05/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Got my wife an Ingot Silver '14 Mustang convertible a few weeks ago to replace her aging Taurus. Nothing but smiles every time she talks about it. Weather permitting, she drives everywhere with the top down and enjoys the comments she gets about her car. It is quick and smooth and the miles just melt away when going on road trips with the sun shining and the top down. Hands down the most FUN car in thirty plus years of buying cars together. Low front end caught her a few days ago when she pulled into a parking spot and drove the front end up onto a curb popping a bunch of things loose in the front end...minimum of $1050 to repair but still waiting to get it back and see the full bill.

2014 Mustang GT/CS
By sporttracz on 07/31/14 04:16 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I got a new 2014 Mustang GT/CS with the 6-speed manual transmission. The power of this car is amazing. I got the navigation package with the heated mirrors and pony lamps on it. If I keep my foot out of it, the gas mileage is not bad. I have been getting 23-24 in mixed driving and 25.5 when not having to run the AC. The car rides much better than expected. Driving it 4 hours for a trip to the beach was every bit as comfortable as riding in my wife's Honda Accord. I like the retro look of the 2014 better than the more modern look of the new 2015. Ford did a great job in the design of the 2014.

I am in love....
By hunter608 on 07/10/14 20:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the '14 base model Mustang. 0$ in extra features, but I say base model loosely. Base model includes a very good sound system, HID headlights, LED tail lights, electronically selectable steering feel (sport, standard, and comfort), electric everything except for the seats, side air bags, and I'm sure a ton else I cant think of right now. Additionally, this is the most fun car I have ever owned. Despite the V-6 it has 305 horse power stock and rockets off the line. Handling is significantly better than I expected, freeway on/off ramps are so much fun in my Mustang! Out the door I paid $18,100 before tax and license, sticker was $23,500.

420 HP is Awesome
By roadman03 on 06/15/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just upgraded my '03 GT to the 2014 GT. What a difference. The HP and ride is amazing. Bought one fully loaded with 6-speed, Nav, leather, & GT track pack. I have loved Mustangs since my 1965 in high school. I'm now 58 and like this one the best. Smile on your face every time you get in. Ford has really outdone themselves at this price range. $3000 rebates help. Not a fan of the '15 yet that is why I grabbed this one. Sterling Gray color with black leather.

My 5.0 GT Premium Convertible 6 Speed
By corvettekev on 06/02/14 07:46 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

There she was - 5.0 vert with a 6 speed, loaded, white with a black roof and interior. The car is very spritely, almost go kart like, especially after trading in a Hemi Challenger. She rides on rails, stops on a dime and is jack rabbit quick. The interior fit me better than the SS and sight lines are better in the GT. The interior, its comfortable & ergonomic. It's not gadgety or gimmicky. The GT is more suited to a 50+ year old than the SS. Wrap up - For me, it's a great choice with no regrets. Enjoy the ride.