Used 2013 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

2013 vs 1969
By John

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 69 Mustang Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. This 6 cylinder 306 hp will out perform the big assed Mach 1. I had a racing Corvette pull out in front of me on a deserted state highway. I either locked up the brakes or pass him. I chose the latter. I passed him at 120 and was still accelerating. I looked over and his mouth was open. It was worth the risk of a major ticket. I still get around 27 to 29 MPG while having fun. It was used and I got it for $13,500. A sweet ride at any price.

Awesome machine
By rdavidson3

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We have put 24000 miles on our 2013 mustang.
It has really exceeded our expectations. The tires are barely worn. I just rotated them. It feels like it is glued to the road in turns. It is heavy and powerful a 3.7 liter that gets 21 miles to the gallon in city driving. Everything works perfectly. I dont care for the bluetooth cell phone though too wierd. but thats me. It is perfect for two people a beautiful car that turns heads. 80 feels like 60 mph 100 like 80 so you have to watch the speedometer!
I am generally pretty cynical about cars, but I would recommend this car to anyone that has a little fun money and wants to jazz up their day.

The power, the styling, the stereo, the economy,the wow factor, the fun!

the middle console where you rest your knee could be softer

Went from a BMW to this, and thus far very satisfied!
By yankeejb1

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

After previously having a total of 9 Camaros and Firebirds, I finally "defected" from GM to Ford and bought this Mustang, and I gotta tell you it's pretty awesome! And after coming straight from a problem-plagued technological-overkill-on-wheels BMW 335i, this car is quite a breath of fresh air by comparison. Sure it's a bit cruder in some spots, but at the end of the day there's nothing like an all-American convertible icon with a honking V8 engine and retro style and attitude that this car has in spades.

Power, of course, is outstanding, although the tranny is a bit slow to react at times (placing it in Sport mode takes care of that). The deep V8 exhaust burble is worth the price of admission alone. Great value for the money and I really dig the 2013 model's styling upgrades compared to the 2010-12 model, especially the gloss-black rear tail panel. Gas mileage isn't unreasonable considering the performance. Things like the colorful and clever performance-measuring features (0-60, 1/4 mile, etc) are a nice touch.

Some of the interior bits definitely show signs of cost-cutting - the console/arm rest is almost rock-hard, but you also gotta remember this is a Mustang and not a Mercedes. A supplemental digital speedometer would be nice, especially since the analog speedo's retro-styled numerals are so scrunched together and can be a pain to read at a quick glance. A lane-change feature on the turn signal would also be nice. And the price gets steep pretty quick once you start adding options.

2013 GT Premium Convertible Fun to drive
By taki12

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

V8 Engine smooth and fast, Car looks great but when I hand wash or it rains water gets in door sills, trunk wells, hood, leaks out of plastic around fog lights, and rear lights, front and rear bumper crevices. After 50 years you'd think Ford would have learned how to build this car tighter. At a Sticker Price with tax of over $50,000 they need

420hp V8, My color, 4.2" LCD display gauge mode and track apps. Mustang pony projection lamp is a real crowd pleaser. 19" aluminum wheels with black painted windows. Red steering wheel & red seats. Sport Mode and Over all look of car. Pedal covers, Aluminum instrument panel.

Tighter tolerances to stop water leaking into trunk well, hood, door sides & sills, rear taillights, front fog lights. etc. Convertible top needs to be one touch up & down. Top needs to open and close in 15 to 20 sec. Top needs another layer of insulation for quieter interior ride. Top needs auto boot cover, not the pain in the butt to install soft boot cover. Passenger side should have rear window up down button. Telescoping steering wheel is needed. Built in windscreen & roll bar also needed.

Dream Car come true...
By lemuria81

2013 Ford Mustang Convertible V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 v6 Mustang coupe due to the many refinements and was very happy with it, but I had bought the base model and was wanting a convertible.

There was enough refinements in looks and performance, as well as features that got me to trade in my 2011 for a 2013. This is the first time I have ever owned a convertible so it is a new experience for me. I think everyone should own a convertible at least once in their life!

I got the premium auto with pony package, all leather and sync. The drive is much better than the 2011 and the looks are more masculine on the 2013 than the 2011. Even with the V6, there is enough power to do what you want!

Convertible opens up the world for me. I love having access to the stars and feeling the wind as I drive. I love having an open environment. The center gauge is brilliant. So many choices and displays of information, all controlled by scroll buttons on the steering wheel. Sync is awesome! In my 2011 I put a touch screen navigation in it. In this 2013, with voice activated sync, I enjoy more of the road and I am more aware of my surroundings, which is what you should do when driving a performance car. Leather is nice, stereo sounds great, and the backup warning is helpful. The front of the 2013 is a previous year's Shelby look. Thank you Ford! Car designed so beautiful!

The number one thing Ford can do is to add a digital speedometer for the center gauge. Nothing like going in a school zone and you think you're doing 20 when you're actually doing 21 and you have a cop that wants to pull you over because of that. I know that this is probably rare, but it can happen! Second, I think it would be nice that as a standard feature, side mirrors are heated. Also, it would be great if the technology package could be added at any time. The factory does things to prevent an easy install so dealers do not want to mess with it. Such a shame, because later on, I may want to pay the $2,300 for the upgrade!