2013 Mustang GT/CS coupe
By flassh on
2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
This car is an outstanding value, compared to the Challenger and Camaro competion. It has way better sight lines from the drivers seat and power to weight ratio is much better. The 2013 model year upgrades and improvements are impressive compared to the 2012 model year Mustang. I know the rear suspension is considered old technology but Ford has done an outstanding job and continued to make improvements to the rear suspension technology in my opinion. This is a fun car to drive and the 5.0 engine puts down gobs of power. The car regularly with combined driving gives me 22-24 MPG and I am not driving it like a Prius owner trying to build the economy symbols on the dash that they have.
Favorite Features
I really like the look of the 2013 model year Mustang, the Shelby style front end, the high end headlights with LED DRL's. The rear end with the new LED taillights and the gloss black panel between and the new lower rear fascia. On the GT/CS the rear pedestal spoiler looks great. The hood on the GT/CS gets the real heat extractor vents painted gloss black and this combines nicely with the factory fade out black color hood stripes. The final touch is the fun "Pony" projection puddle lights that are part of the comfort package that gives several other usefull upgrades.
Suggested Improvements
As other people have noted it would be nice to have a push in/pull out steering column. I do not find this a problem for my own driving position comfort, but I can see if different size drivers shared the car it could be a useful option. I would like paddle shifters for the automatic transmission people. I have these on a different brand sports car and I love it. It would have been nice if Ford made the Brembo Brake/Track Pack Option available for the GT/CS but they made these options unavailable for this model car. I would also have liked a factory rear view camera available. I was able to add this piece of equipment to the car and integrate it to the factory navigation screen.