Blast to drive
By monkeylove on
2013 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
I purchased my 2013 base model 6 spd GT in 9/12. I really haven't spent a dime on the car that wasn't a 'self inflicted' modification. I wanted a wanted a tighter firmer suspension so upgraded with the Ford Racing suspension, 3.73 gears, and wider wheels/tires. It may now be too firm for some, but it handles great. If I were to buy it again, I would have 'pony-ed up' (sorry - couldn't resist) for the track pack with the additional display. MPG? - eh, well - I didn't buy it for that. Best I've seen on hwy only is 22, I average probably 16-17. Oh - my girlfriend is 'petite' and needs a booster seat to see over the dash so if you are short you should be aware of that.
Favorite Features
Power on demand. Comfortable for my size (6'5"). Huge aftermarket to modify/personalize the car.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage sucks but I didn't buy it for that. Stock GT brakes will fade under track use - get the Brembo brakes if you intend to attend HPDE track days. Stock manual shifter is balky under spirited driving - after market shifters are much better.