So I purchased the car of my childhood dreams.
By rc112 on
2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
After lusting after Mustangs since I could remember, I finally got one. It's a base model v6 with an automatic transmission and a black pinstripe. It looks amazing. It handles well and it's very fun to drive and fast. However, I mention some cons: The interior is badly utilized. It looks cool, but there's little space to put things. Your ipod and phone take up the cup holders. And then the center console where you'd have your arm is the only other place to keep things. It's deep but not very wide. The glove box is TINY. A little tiny compartment under the radio controls would have been nice. And the gas mileage is a lie. 30 mpg? I am lucky to get over 22 on avg. And I don't go over 70.
Favorite Features
Awesome lights! Love the black back panel. It's fast! I haven't had anything with more than 130 horses and to have more than 300 now is fantastic. It's solid feeling. I feel safe in this car. Not in some tiny Corolla. Bucket seats: at first they are uncomfortable, but once you find the right positioning, it's great. No back pain at all. The wheel is nice and the turning radius is good. I also love the deck information. It tells you your MPG, how much you have till you hit empty, tire conditions, etc. Good tires and nice rims for it being a stock option.
Suggested Improvements
Better utilization of the interior. Maybe a tad bit more area to put things. The font used for the radio and the dash, etc reminds me of the font Microsoft used back in 1991. It needs an update. That's nitpicky, but hey! And perhaps some honesty concerning the MPG. 30 mpg might be achieved if you drive a 90 mile round trip going 55 miles an hour. The fact I can only hit 22 maybe 22.5 going 65-70 for a 60 mile round trip just sucks. I know it's a 'stang and not a Prius, but I was hoping for maybe 25 ballpark. With all this being said, I've had the car for about a month. I'm crossing my fingers for some better MPG eventually.