My Mustang
By loncray on
2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 6M)
I've had my Mustang for a week, and I love it. It has fantastic giddyup, pretty good mileage, and it looks better than anything else on the road. The engine is swift and responsive, the SelectShift transmission is smooth, and I'm enjoying the Electronics package with Sync, Navigation and entertainment options.
Favorite Features
The 5.0 engine is second-to-none in affordable performance. I haven't gone really fast yet, but I know I can get there instantly. The lighting system (including the pony lamps under the mirror and the MyColor interior lighting) is a toy, but a fun one. The looks are fantastic. I previously thought the '11 - '12 front end was better, but I'm loving the '13 front end now. The rear end is even better - now I know why so many people want to change out their Mustang taillights for the '13 models.
Suggested Improvements
1) The passenger-side roof latch is falling apart already - it needs to be better built. 2) There are a lot of Mustangs on the road; it dilutes the 'wow look at that car' factor when there's a zillion of them to look at. 3) I find myself driving slower than I did in my pickup because the car is very, very flashy and police notice it. 4) I'm becoming addicted to the go pedal, and it's affecting my gas mileage. How will I ever drive a lesser car again? 5) I get skipping on FM radio as the HD feature gains and loses signal - I want to turn the HD off! If this is what HD Radio means, I want it gone!
By rmhockman
on 08/17/12 07:25 AM (PDT)

Just recently got my silver with black interior, 6 speed, premium GT convertible about a month back after impatiently waiting 8 weeks for it's manufacture. I've driven over 4200 miles since that time and can honestly say it is 3 times the car my 99 GT convertible was, in handling, ride, road noise, etc. The 5.0 engine is worth the price of admission, one of the smoothest V8's I have ever driven with a great sound track. The new 6 speed manual is unusually slick and the clutch take-up is very forgiving. The fuel efficiency is better than expected for such a powerful engine, in steady driving on interstate roads I have seen 28 mpg or more on the computer which is verified upon doing the math. Go get one! rmhockman View Public Profile Find More Posts by rmhockman 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM