Disappointing build quality
By carcritic3 on
2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
This is my fourth Mustang & will probably be my last. The build quality has gotten worse with each successive Mustang that I've owned. This '13 is the worst. I've had the car since 01/2013 & have less than 4K miles on it as of this writing. The car has a clunk in the rear when I accelerate. There is a rattle in the front suspension when turning to the left or when going over a speed bump at low speeds. A rattle & buzz coming from somewhere in the dash & a loose molding between the roof & quarter panel. The engine & trans are the only bright spots. This car is a rattle trap & a huge disappointment. I'm considering selling it because of the poor build quality.
Favorite Features
Excellent engine and transmission. Good fuel mileage and power. Six -speed automatic transmission is great. Engine is smooth and powerful.
Suggested Improvements
Build quality is terrible compared to my 100% trouble free 2011 Fusion. Cramped, uncomfortable interior. The car has Recaro seats, which are comfortable, but the high thigh bolsters make it hard to enter and exit the car. Steering wheel does not telescope.