Used 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Disappointing build quality
By carcritic3

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Mustang & will probably be my last. The build quality has gotten worse with each successive Mustang that I've owned. This '13 is the worst. I've had the car since 01/2013 & have less than 4K miles on it as of this writing. The car has a clunk in the rear when I accelerate. There is a rattle in the front suspension when turning to the left or when going over a speed bump at low speeds. A rattle & buzz coming from somewhere in the dash & a loose molding between the roof & quarter panel. The engine & trans are the only bright spots. This car is a rattle trap & a huge disappointment. I'm considering selling it because of the poor build quality.

Favorite Features

Excellent engine and transmission. Good fuel mileage and power. Six -speed automatic transmission is great. Engine is smooth and powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is terrible compared to my 100% trouble free 2011 Fusion. Cramped, uncomfortable interior. The car has Recaro seats, which are comfortable, but the high thigh bolsters make it hard to enter and exit the car. Steering wheel does not telescope.

Not what I expected
By kommentlhogin

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car is quick, comfortable and smooth, but it lacks that taut, sporty, nimble feel.

Favorite Features

Exterior style. Comfortable overall ride. Smooth steering. Built-in blind spot mirror. Good shifting characteristic of the automatic transmission. Good highway mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel is too large and doesn't telescope. The automatic gear shifter and hand brake are bulky and clunky to operate. Car doesn't feel that fast off the line. Some tire noise. Harsh suspension thump over speed bumps. Small trunk opening. No locking fuel door. Audio ports hidden inside center console. Steering wheel mounted control buttons are small and cheap feeling. No transmission dip stick.

First stang
By buldaawg

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Not sure about the folks bitchin about road noise, hardly any road noise at all. The V6 at 65 MPH on the level Hwy here in the Desert is getting 31 to 32 MPG. 25MPG up in the hills. Bumps in the road not a problem either. This is a sports car, if you wanted more storage, buy an Escape. If you want silence, go by a Caddy. The V6 has 307HP and gets you up to speed in no time; I hit 80 first time out and didnít even know it till I looked at the odometer. With gas over 4 bucks and I donít want a battery driving POS..this is the best car for the money.

Favorite Features

The SYNC system is awesome; The buttons at your fingertips can control sync, speed, sound levels, your phone and radio stations. I feel like Iím getting into a fighter A/C cockpit, but with the comfort of a 6 position controllable seat. Good stereo system, good room in the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

So I purchased the car of my childhood dreams.
By rc112

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

After lusting after Mustangs since I could remember, I finally got one. It's a base model v6 with an automatic transmission and a black pinstripe. It looks amazing. It handles well and it's very fun to drive and fast. However, I mention some cons: The interior is badly utilized. It looks cool, but there's little space to put things. Your ipod and phone take up the cup holders. And then the center console where you'd have your arm is the only other place to keep things. It's deep but not very wide. The glove box is TINY. A little tiny compartment under the radio controls would have been nice. And the gas mileage is a lie. 30 mpg? I am lucky to get over 22 on avg. And I don't go over 70.

Favorite Features

Awesome lights! Love the black back panel. It's fast! I haven't had anything with more than 130 horses and to have more than 300 now is fantastic. It's solid feeling. I feel safe in this car. Not in some tiny Corolla. Bucket seats: at first they are uncomfortable, but once you find the right positioning, it's great. No back pain at all. The wheel is nice and the turning radius is good. I also love the deck information. It tells you your MPG, how much you have till you hit empty, tire conditions, etc. Good tires and nice rims for it being a stock option.

Suggested Improvements

Better utilization of the interior. Maybe a tad bit more area to put things. The font used for the radio and the dash, etc reminds me of the font Microsoft used back in 1991. It needs an update. That's nitpicky, but hey! And perhaps some honesty concerning the MPG. 30 mpg might be achieved if you drive a 90 mile round trip going 55 miles an hour. The fact I can only hit 22 maybe 22.5 going 65-70 for a 60 mile round trip just sucks. I know it's a 'stang and not a Prius, but I was hoping for maybe 25 ballpark. With all this being said, I've had the car for about a month. I'm crossing my fingers for some better MPG eventually.

I Made A Great Choice!
By marceloq

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I test drove 3 cars in the Ford Line (Fusion, Focus, and Mustang). I selected the Mustang and am glad I did. This car is fun to drive and gets looks from all. The exterior styling is what caught my eye plus the performance from the V6 is excellent. I opted for better MPG so I have the 6 speed manual.

Favorite Features

Styling both inside and out. Great stereo system. Added bonus is that I can fit both mine and my wifes golf bags in the trunk with room to spare!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to improve, just keep up the great workmanship Ford!