2013 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
No competition for the price
By mustangdavey on 07/15/14 17:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'll start off saying I might be biased, I'm a second generation Mustang owner, and I hope this is my first of many. This car feels powerful, especially for the price. 325hp - and you can feel every pony (pun intended). Fuel economy is good, I get about 21-26 mpg highway, city can go down to 17 if it's bad. It really does not feel under powered like the V6 Challenger does. Sequential turn signals are spiffy too. The one thing to be warned about, is if you are a lead foot like me, you can get some pretty scary axle hop as the suspension isn't independent like cars twice the price. And it is cruel and unusual to put adults in the back seat.

Worst Mustang I ever owned
By jake440 on 03/21/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

13 Mustang very cheaply made have bad noise in dash bad mileage like 16 -17 highway has only 1800 miles rear back up sening unit bad power is just fair one of the worst cars I ever purchased .the does even sound good this is m,y 4th stang no more

Blast to drive
By monkeylove on 03/04/14 12:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 base model 6 spd GT in 9/12. I really haven't spent a dime on the car that wasn't a 'self inflicted' modification. I wanted a wanted a tighter firmer suspension so upgraded with the Ford Racing suspension, 3.73 gears, and wider wheels/tires. It may now be too firm for some, but it handles great. If I were to buy it again, I would have 'pony-ed up' (sorry - couldn't resist) for the track pack with the additional display. MPG? - eh, well - I didn't buy it for that. Best I've seen on hwy only is 22, I average probably 16-17. Oh - my girlfriend is 'petite' and needs a booster seat to see over the dash so if you are short you should be aware of that.

Disappointing build quality
By carcritic3 on 07/27/13 07:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Mustang & will probably be my last. The build quality has gotten worse with each successive Mustang that I've owned. This '13 is the worst. I've had the car since 01/2013 & have less than 4K miles on it as of this writing. The car has a clunk in the rear when I accelerate. There is a rattle in the front suspension when turning to the left or when going over a speed bump at low speeds. A rattle & buzz coming from somewhere in the dash & a loose molding between the roof & quarter panel. The engine & trans are the only bright spots. This car is a rattle trap & a huge disappointment. I'm considering selling it because of the poor build quality.

Simple fixes could make it better
By gam2 on 07/26/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2013 GT (6 speed manual) was purchased new. The 2-3 shift under anything over moderate acceleration sucks. I've also had several instances where second has been difficult as well. Rear axle hop noticed in certain situations. I am not hard on this car. It has also developed the well known engine tick. Will have to visit the dealer. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. Other than that I like it.

2013 GT Premium Automatic
By bob_graham on 07/02/13 22:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car. Had it for 6 weeks. Went with the automatic - a little easier on the drive to work. Just a great ride - looks like the end of an era. looks awesome sitting next to our 66 5 speed coupe.

2013 Mustang GT/CS coupe
By flassh on 05/08/13 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is an outstanding value, compared to the Challenger and Camaro competion. It has way better sight lines from the drivers seat and power to weight ratio is much better. The 2013 model year upgrades and improvements are impressive compared to the 2012 model year Mustang. I know the rear suspension is considered old technology but Ford has done an outstanding job and continued to make improvements to the rear suspension technology in my opinion. This is a fun car to drive and the 5.0 engine puts down gobs of power. The car regularly with combined driving gives me 22-24 MPG and I am not driving it like a Prius owner trying to build the economy symbols on the dash that they have.

Not what I expected
By kommentlhogin on 04/17/13 22:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car is quick, comfortable and smooth, but it lacks that taut, sporty, nimble feel.

One Sweet Pony
By cleveland5 on 04/07/13 08:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had my 2013 Mustang special ordered and delivered in November 2012. Mine is red candy colored with the saddle interior and turns lots of heads. Handling is better than I expected around a turn, and this car makes 40 mph seem like 20 in the way that it's meant to be driven hard. I've got 8043 miles on the odometer so far and problem free, and this is somebody that always keeps his right foot on the gas. My average fuel economy is 21 mpg mostly city. Got 33 highway when cruising at 55. And Camaro RS drivers don't even bother trying to race me at a stoplight. Pretty good performance out of these 3.7 V6s. As McDonalds advertised in its commercials: Bada-baa-ba-ba...I'm luvin it!

First stang
By buldaawg on 02/15/13 10:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Not sure about the folks bitchin about road noise, hardly any road noise at all. The V6 at 65 MPH on the level Hwy here in the Desert is getting 31 to 32 MPG. 25MPG up in the hills. Bumps in the road not a problem either. This is a sports car, if you wanted more storage, buy an Escape. If you want silence, go by a Caddy. The V6 has 307HP and gets you up to speed in no time; I hit 80 first time out and didn’t even know it till I looked at the odometer. With gas over 4 bucks and I don’t want a battery driving POS..this is the best car for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe in VA is:

$182 per month*