Used 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Pony up for fun
By Chris Walls

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

As a past Trans AM owner I decided to come over to the Ford Mustang. The car is a kick to drive, quick and responsive thanks to the stability computers. The seats are comfortable even on long drives. The ride is a little bouncier than I would like due to the stiff suspension but it is certainly not rough. I like to play with this Pony a lot, love the feel of that 302 getting it done. The MPG avg. stays right around 22, so you have a range of about 340 miles.

Favorite Features

The Retro look which is just stunning. The Shaker Sound System with great base and hearing the V-8 symphony. Quite when it should be and loud when it counts.

Suggested Improvements

Decrease the road noise which is a bit more than I like. I realize this will add weight however I think there is some room here for making the Mustang a bit quieter.

Poor Build Quality On the Cosmetic Parts But Fun To Drive!
By maczs007

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I ordered mine from the factory, a 2013 GT Premium with 6-speed manual transmission and extra premium interior. No problems with the engine and trans as that is the main thing Ford got right (except for the occasional missed shifts in 2nd and third). One the other hand and under warranty Ford has replaced the following due to defects: left rear tail light ( visual quality issue), speaker grill (broken at factory), rear end bearings (noisy), front bumper cover (warped), rear view mirror (vibrating) and drivers leather seat cover (premature wear on welting). You would think these things would be caught in the factory is Quality was Job #1?

Favorite Features

The 420 H.P V8! Punching it past everyone on the freeway and taking it through sweeping canyons. The car looks mean too.

Suggested Improvements

Look closer at your quality Ford! I am sure it is costing you more to replace defective parts at the dealer than by pulling them at the factory! More people need to take their cars to the dealer and have the crap parts replaced. Put on decent quality shocks and struts. The GT versions are crap. I put on Koni Yellows and replaced the crappy stock 18" Pirelli P0 Nero tires with Hankook Ultra H.P. S1s and the car rides much smoother. Add telescoping wheel for tall folks.

The best American muscle car ever
By chrisrogers

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was blown away by the performance, looks, and quality of this car. The interior components are not cheaply made and ill fitting like the Fords of the past. Everything is top quality and controls are ergonomic. This car is very fast, but also nimble and predictable in turns, unlike Mustangs of the past. I really love the aggressive look, still better looking than the ugly 2015 Models.

Favorite Features

Finally; an automatic transmission that is stout in quality, and outperforms a stick. Great styling, and FAST when you press the pedal. This car is much faster than the 370Z it replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Better exhaust for beefier sound from the factory. Also, stock tires are too skinny.

No competition for the price
By mustangdavey

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'll start off saying I might be biased, I'm a second generation Mustang owner, and I hope this is my first of many. This car feels powerful, especially for the price. 325hp - and you can feel every pony (pun intended). Fuel economy is good, I get about 21-26 mpg highway, city can go down to 17 if it's bad. It really does not feel under powered like the V6 Challenger does. Sequential turn signals are spiffy too. The one thing to be warned about, is if you are a lead foot like me, you can get some pretty scary axle hop as the suspension isn't independent like cars twice the price. And it is cruel and unusual to put adults in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Sport mode! The traction control is great, drove it all winter - in Chicago. There are a lot of cost effective aftermarket parts for performance improvements and cosmetic tweaks to really make it yours. Blind spot mirrors. Once I learned to use them my driving feels much safer. Customizable interior lighting lets you pick whatever color you like for your gauges, ambient etc.

Suggested Improvements

LED map lights should be standard these days, but they are not. You can get them for $25 on the internet and install them yourself pretty easily. One touch turn signal would be wonderful. Sync is cool, but there isn't a button to go straight to bluetooth audio that I've found.

Worst Mustang I ever owned
By jake440

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

13 Mustang very cheaply made have bad noise in dash bad mileage like 16 -17 highway has only 1800 miles rear back up sening unit bad power is just fair one of the worst cars I ever purchased .the does even sound good this is m,y 4th stang no more

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

recall them all seems to be not very many happy with them